Gibraltar Company Dissolution – Closing a Gibraltar Company
If you no longer require your company and wish to have it struck off the company register we can assist with your Gibraltar Company Dissolution.
There are many reasons a company may need to file for liquidation beyond simply ceasing trading or maybe not even getting started.
Other reasons include a retirement, merging with another company or being acquired.
Irrespective of the reason, it is very important to take the necessary steps to dissolve the company correctly, don’t just leave it and walk away. As a Director you need to comply with regulations as well as protecting yourself from potential risk and fines.
Gibraltar Company Dissolution fees
- Company Search: £60
- Our Service Fee: £300
- Gibraltar Agent fee: £180
- Government Statutory filing fee: £35
Having your Gibraltar Company Dissolved
Having your Gibraltar company voluntarily dissolved rather than struck off by Gibraltar Companies House has advantages:
- Maintains the company’s directors and shareholders reputation for future business ventures
- It is a straightforward process compared to company liquidation
- It avoids formal investigation into the conduct of the directors as required in liquidation or receivership
- It avoids the costs of liquidation, fees and expenses.
Requirements to dissolve your company
- The company must be solvent and a declaration confirming the company is solvent must be signed by the company directors.
- The company must be in good standing with the Registrar.
- A special resolution to dissolve the company signed by the company directors.
- A written statement by the company directors stating that the company is free from charges or mortgages and/or liabilities and has no assets in Gibraltar or abroad.
- Application to Gibraltar Companies House for your company to be Striked Off.
- Pay the statutory filing fee.
- ‘First Notice’ is given off the intention to Strike Off the Company.
- ‘Striking off Pending’, your Company Name is flagged on the Registry’s database.
- ‘Striking Off’ – After the expiry of three months from the date of the ‘First Notice’, the company is struck off unless the Registrar has received any objections.
- ‘Final Notice’ issued. On the date of this notice, your companies name will be struck off from the Register of Companies and your company are dissolved.
- Publication of Notices. You will receive a copy of the Final Notice of strike off and it will be published in the Seventh Supplement to the Gibraltar Gazette.
Other Important Information
The Registrar may strike off the company when no annual return has been filed for the previous 3 years.
It is important to note that striking off a Company is at the Registrar’s discretion and the action could be halted if any written objection is received from an interested party.
In deciding whether to exercise his discretion, the Registrar reserves the right to request further information, evidence or confirmation from all or any of the officers of the Company that the company has no assets or liabilities.