Bahamas Company Documents
Bahamas Company Document examples
As company incorporation agents our experience with the Registrar Generals Department in the Bahamas means we can obtain company reports, certified copies of official company documents held by the registry on registered company.
Bahamas Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £220
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £380
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £600
- Certificate of Incorporation Apostilled: £600
- Expedite fee: £75
Bahamas Company Document Timescales
- Standard: 4 – 8 days
- Expedited: 3 – 4 days
- Apostilled: 8 – 14 days
The company search report will be ordered from the Registrar General’s Department and delivered by email.
Bahamas Registrar General’s Department
Bahamas Companies Registry
Registrar General’s Department Registry
50 Shirley Street
P.O. Box N-532
The Bahamas Financial and Corporate Service Providers and Registered Agents can incorporate Bahamas companies with the Companies Section of the Bahamas Registrar.
We can provide copies of company documents and company search reports from the Company’s Registry section of the Registrar Generals Department. The Registrar Generals Department is responsible for the Registration of Bahamas Companies and Intellectual Property including Bahamas patents, trademarks and copyright.
We can provide certified copies of Bahamas company documents held at the company register, an Apostille service can also be provided on certified copies of Bahamas company documents issued by the Bahamas Companies Registry.
Bahamas Company Search
Information obtained on an IBC company search report from the Registrar General’s Department includes:
- Full Company Name
- Company Incorporation Number/ Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type – International Business Corporation – IBC, Regular Company, Non- Profit Company, LP
- Company Status – Good Standing, liquidation, continuation, discontinuation
- Base Currency
- When the Bahamas company is in liquidation, the date this was registered is provided
- Authorised Share Capital
- Name of Current Resident Agent
- Resident Agent Office Address
- Registered Resident Agent Contact Information
- List of registered documents – Register of Directors, Register of Shareholders, Register of Officers, Registers of Mortgages and Charges – date filed with the Registrar General’s Department – if filed
- Maximum Shares – Company is Authorised to Issue – in US$
- Share Type and Number of shares
- The Subscribers – which is the original shareholders from incorporation
- Date of Amendments to the Memorandum and Articles of Association – including change of Company Name, Share Capital increase/ decrease, changes to registered office/ agent and other changes – date and change filed with the Registrar General’s Department – if filed
- Licence Fee – date of last payment to the Registrar General’s Department
- Company Details – not from the registry – if available
- The Director Register – If the company have selected to make this information available – not a statutory requirement
International Business Companies in the Bahamas are not required to file financial statements and the names of the shareholders and directors are not required to be disclosed under the laws of the Bahamas.
In the Bahamas there is difficulty obtaining company data due to the lack of filing requirements. As such, it is sometimes necessary to instruct a lawyer to work with the Registrar General’s Department which results in higher cost associated with the company search report. With some older companies we have to wait for the Registrar General’s Department to retrieve the company file from the archives which, can take longer.
IBC’s are obligated to maintain a Register of Directors and Officers at its Registered Office. Bahamas companies must have one director, and corporate directors are permitted. A copy of the Register of Directors and Officers must now be also filed with the Bahamas Registrar of Companies. This confidential information is not available in the search report unless, the company has selected to make the director register available.
The director register contains the following information:
- The names and addresses of the persons who are directors and officers of the company;
- The date on which each person whose name is entered in the register was appointed as a director or officer of the company; and
- The date on which each person as a director or officer ceased to be a director or officer of the company.
- The register can also include the director occupation, position held and any additional information.
Bahamas Certificate of Incorporation
The Bahamas Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Bahamas Registrar General’s Department when a Bahamas company is incorporated. We can provide a registry copy of a Bahamas company incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number, date of incorporation and states that a company is registered.
Memorandum of Association
We can provide copies of Bahamas companies Memorandum of Association which includes, the company name, registered office, registered agent, business activities, share capital the company is authorised to issue, objects and powers of the Bahamas company.
Articles of Association
The Company Articles of Association are a statutory company document which form the company’s constitution and internal rules under which the Bahamas company will be run.
Bahamas Certificate of Good Standing
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing from the Bahamas Registrar General’s Department certifying that the company is in Good Standing.
The certificate states the following:
- The Company was duly incorporated under the provisions of the International Business Companies Act along with date of incorporation and company number
- That the name of the Company is still on the Register of International Companies and the Company has paid all fees, licence fees and penalties due and payable under the provisions of Section 175 and 194 of the International Business Companies Act
- The company has not submitted an Article of Merger or Consolidation that have not yet been effective
- The Company has not submitted an Article of Arrangement that has not yet become effective
- The Company is not in the process of being wound up and dissolved.
- No proceedings have been instituted to strike the name of the Company off the said Register
- That so far as is evidenced by the documents filled with this Office, the Company is in Good legal Standing
The certificate is provided from the Bahamas Registrar General’s Department with an official stamp, seal and with the signature of an Acting Registrar General.
Apostilled Bahamas Company Documents
We can supply the following documents Certified and in additional Apostilled if required.
- Bahamas Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Good Standing
If a Bahamas company is struck off, the registry, will not issue certified copies of these company documents as the registry will only issue them if the company is in Good Standing.
Dissolved Bahamas Company
We can provide from the Registrar of Companies a letter certifying a Bermuda company has been Struck off and Dissolved. The letter confirms the Registrar of Companies by virtue of the powers vested in him under section 261(5) of the Act, struck the Company off the Register.
Order Bahamas Company Documents
The Bahamas company search report will be ordered from the Registrar Generals Department and is delivered by email. Bahamas Company documents are ordered from the Bahamas Companies Registry and delivered by email and courier.