Registry Certified Copies of Official BVI Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience with the Registry of Corporate Affairs in the BVI means we can obtain company reports, certified copies of official documents held by the registry on registered companies.
A certified document is where the Registry of Corporate Affairs stamps the document to verify its authenticity.
The certified company documents from the BVI Registry can be Apostilled, they are signed and stamped by the BVI Registrar General to confirm the authenticity of the signature and registry stamp.
BVI Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £148
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £220
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £475
- Certificate of Incorporation Registry Certified: £220
- Certificate of Incorporation Apostilled: £475
- Memorandum and Articles Registry Certified: £220
- Memorandum and Articles Apostilled: £475
- Expedite fee: £60
- Courier: £80
BVI Company Registry – Registrar of Corporate Affairs
We can obtain company information and documents on companies formed in the British Virgin Islands from the Registry of Corporate Affairs.
The BVI Companies Act 2004 requires the Registrar of Corporate Affairs to maintain the following:
- Register of Companies incorporated under the Act
- Register of Foreign Companies registered under Part XI
- Register of Charges registered under part VIII
BVI Company Search
We can provide company searches from the BVI Registry on any BVI registered company.
The contents of a BVI company search report include:
- Company Name
- Foreign Character Name – if applicable
- Previous Names History – Previous name, date from/ cease date of name – if applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Type of Incorporation – Re-registration, New incorporation
- Company Type: private – IBC, PLC, LP
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, active but in liquidation. Struck Off, in Penalty, Inactive, In Liquidation (insolvent), In Liquidation (voluntary)
- Share Capital
- Bearer Shares – if the company has ability to issue Bearer Shares
- Authorised Share Capital
- Class of Shares
- Number of Shares Issued
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Last licence fee payment
- Register of Mortgages/ Charges filed at the BVI Registry – where filed at the BVI Registry
- The date if struck off – where applicable
- Register of Charges, whilst no requirement to file in practice they may be available – company often files details of charges as the lender normally requires it
- Register of Directors – where available – It is a statutory requirement to file with the registry. However; a company can select to keep this information private
- List of company filings – including date, transaction number, description of filing, status, general filing
- Registry Company Extract
- Certificate History – including type of certificate, transaction number and date of filing
BVI Company Search Report – Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs and delivered by email in 2 – 3 days.
We can provide an Expedite BVI company search report if your request is urgent.
BVI Notarised and Apostilled Company Search Extract
We can provide Notarised and Apostilled Company Search Extract, the search extract is the latest details on the target company filed at the Registrar of Corporate Affairs.
BVI Certificate of Good Standing
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing from the Registrar of Corporate Affairs certifying the BVI company is on the Registrar of Companies, has paid all annual fees and penalties due, has not voluntarily liquidated and proceedings to Strike off the Company from the Register of Companies has not been instituted.
The Certificate of Good Standing is a document issued by the Registrar of Corporate Affairs of the BVI and the document certifies in pursuant of the BVI Business Companies Act 2004. The Certificate includes the company name and company registration number. The certificate is provided from the Registrar of Corporate Affairs with an official stamp, seal and with the signature of an authorised officer.
BVI Certificate of Incorporation
We can provide a certified copy of the original Certificate of Incorporation for a BVI registered company.
The certificate confirms the date the BVI company was incorporated and the Registrar of Companies certify that in respect of the incorporation all requirements of the BVI companies Act were satisfied.
If the current company status is Struck/ Dissolved the registry will only provide a scanned copy Certificate of Incorporation.
BVI Limited Partnership
With a BVI Limited Partnership incorporated under the BVI Partnership Act (No 5 of 1996) the incorporation documents is the Memorandum of Partnership. A copy of this original documents can be ordered certified from the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs, this can also be provided Apostilled. This Memorandum of Partnership includes the company name, the registered office address in the BVI, name and address of the general partner upon incorporation and other details.
The names of Directors and Shareholders do not appear on public record. On file at the Companies Registry are the incorporation documents, which include details of the Registered Office and Registered Agent – new companies in the BVI have to disclose their business activities.
An IBC company is not required to file accounts with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs. The documents which are filed and available for public inspection are the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Certificate of Incorporation.
If a company was was not incorporated in the BVI originally but, transferred there; the certificate that can be issued is a Continuation into the BVI.
Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
The Memorandum and Articles of Association are statutory documents that must be drafted and filed with the Registry upon incorporation of the company.
The documents govern how the company is to operate, its relationship with the outside world and the company’s constitution.
BVI Apostille Company Documents
We can supply BVI company documents, they are certified by the Registry of Corporate Affairs and then Apostilled by the Deputy Governor’s Office, this certifies the authenticity of the document.
The following BVI Apostilled company documents are available –
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company Search Extract – this registry document has to be notarised before it can be Apostilled
The Apostille involves the addition of a certificate attached to the document which is called legalisation and certifies:
- Country of origin of the company document
- Name and identity of the signature – capacity in which a document has been signed
- Official seal – Name of authority which has affixed a seal or stamp to the document
- Place, date and company document number
Registry Strike Off Certificate
The BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs can provide a certified letter confirming a BVI company was Struck off and Dissolved and this includes the date the company was dissolved and details of the government notice: pursuant to section 216 of the Companies Act 2004. This Registry certified certificate is dated, signed and stamped by the BVI Registrar of Corporate Affairs, this can also if required be Apostilled by the Deputy Governor’s Office.
Register of Directors
It is mandatory for a Register of Directors to be kept at the BVI registered office. There is a requirement to file the Register of Directors with the Registrar, this can be selected to be kept private.
Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership to Authorities
Disclosure of the beneficial owners is not required in the BVI and the share register may be inspected only by shareholders of the BVI company.
BVI Filing Requirements
In the BVI there is no requirements to file accounting information with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs.
Only the Memorandum and Articles are required for public records. The Registers of Shareholders and Mortgages and Charges may optionally be filed.