BVI Registered Agent
We provide Registered Agent and Registered Offices services in the BVI.
The change of Registered Agent is a standard procedure for IBC’s in the BVI, we contact the current Registered Agent and transfer the administration of your company to our licensed Registered Agent.
Under section 91a, BVI Companies Act 2004, all BVI companies must have a Registered Agent in the BVI licensed under either the Company Management Act 1990 or Trust Companies Act 1990.
Fee to transfer your BVI Company
Our BVI transfer fee: £860 – plus the 2023 Annual Compliance fee
Our British Virgin Islands transfer fee includes:
- BVI Company Search to check status
- Transfer in BVI company fee
- Retaining the company name in the register
- Preparation or change of the memorandum
- Preparation of transfer applications
- Resolution for change of resident agent
- Submission of transfer applications to the registry
- BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs filing fee
- Director and Shareholder Due Diligence
- Confirmation of Registered Office for documentation
- Extract from the Register of Directors and the Shareholder Register
Our British Virgin Islands 2023 Annual Compliance fee includes –
- Provision of Registered Office and Registered Agent: £560
- Company Secretary – recommended: £400
- Government fee: US$550
- Economic Substance Filing fee: £480
- Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £180
- Compliance fee: £200
A transfer out fee may be charged by your current Registered Agent in the British Virgin Islands.
BVI Registered Agent Duties
The registered address is the legal address of your BVI company, The Registered Agent is responsible for safe custody and maintaining of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Register of Members, the Register of Directors, copies of Resolutions, notices and filings. It is the duty of the Registered Agent to keep these documents up-to-date and available for inspection by the directors and shareholders of the BVI company.
BVI Record Keeping Obligations
With the BVI Business Companies (Amended) Act, 2022 and the BVI Business Companies (Amendment) Regulations 2022 we need to ensure all the correct records are maintained at the registered agent to keep your company compliant.
There is a record-keeping obligation in the British Virgin Islands with the BVI Financial Services Commission and the BVI Registrar of Corporate Affairs. We need to maintain the directors register and we also need to update and ensure the BVI registered office holds copies of the following –
- the Register of Directors
- the Register of Shareholders
- the Memorandum of Association
- the Articles of Association
- copies of all notices and other documents filed by the company with the Registry of Corporate Affairs in the previous ten years
BVI Registered Agent – Section 91A BVI Companies Act 2004
- If at any time a company does not have a Registered Agent it shall forthwith, by resolution of Shareholders or Directors, appoint a new Registered Agent.
- A resolution to appoint the new Registered Agent will need to be passed, we will draft this for you.
Transfer British Virgin Islands Registered Agent
Please contact us with the name of your BVI company, we will initially undertake a Company Search to prepare the Director’s Resolution and contact the current Registered Agent.
To transfer BVI registered agent to ourselves we will require a copy of the original documents showing the Directors and Shareholders from when the company was incorporated. We send a written request to the current Registered Agent, asking them to resign and pass the administration of your company to our Registered Agent.