BVI Registered Agent
The change of Registered Agent is a standard procedure for IBC’s in the BVI, we contact the current Registered Agent and transfer the administration of your company to our licensed Registered Agent.
Under section 91a, BVI Companies Act 2004, all BVI companies must have a Registered Agent in the BVI licensed under either the Company Management Act 1990 or Trust Companies Act 1990.
|BVI Registered Agent
|Transfer in BVI fee
|BVI Company Search
|Due Diligence – per Director and Shareholder
|BVI Annual Compliance fees once transferred.
|Registered Office and Registered Agent
|Annual Return & Filing fee
|Economic Substance Filing fee
|Company Secretary – recommended
|Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance
Our British Virgin Islands transfer fee includes:
- Transfer in BVI company fee
- Retaining the company name in the Register
- Preparation or change the Memorandum of Association
- Preparation of transfer in Application
- Resolution for change of Resident Agent
- Submission of transfer Applications to the Registry of Corporate Affairs
- BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs filing fee
- Due Diligence – per Director and Shareholder
- Confirmation of Registered Office for documentation
- Register of Directors extract from Registry of Corporate Affairs
- Shareholder Register extract from the Resident Agent
A transfer out fee may be charged by your current Registered Agent in the British Virgin Islands.
BVI Registered Agent Duties
The registered address is the legal address of your BVI company, The Registered Agent is responsible for safe custody and maintaining of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Register of Members, the Register of Directors, copies of Resolutions, notices and filings. It is the duty of the Registered Agent to keep these documents up-to-date and available for inspection by the directors and shareholders of the BVI company.
BVI Record Keeping Obligations
With the BVI Business Companies (Amended) Act, 2022 and the BVI Business Companies (Amendment) Regulations 2022 we need to ensure all the correct records are maintained at the registered agent to keep your company compliant.
There is a record-keeping obligation in the British Virgin Islands with the BVI Financial Services Commission and the BVI Registrar of Corporate Affairs. We need to maintain the directors register and we also need to update and ensure the BVI registered office holds copies of the following –
- the Register of Directors
- the Register of Shareholders
- the Memorandum of Association
- the Articles of Association
- copies of all notices and other documents filed by the company with the Registry of Corporate Affairs in the previous ten years
Transfer British Virgin Islands Registered Agent
Please contact us with the name of your BVI company, we will initially undertake a Company Search to prepare the Director’s Resolution and contact the current Registered Agent.
To transfer BVI registered agent to ourselves we will require a copy of the original documents showing the Directors and Shareholders from when the company was incorporated. We send a written request to the current Registered Agent, asking them to resign and pass the administration of your company to our Registered Agent.