BVI Company Search Report
We are able to conduct a search for any company registered in the BVI. We contact the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs and obtain the latest information on the target company which will show the company’s current position and status.
The search provides information on the company held at the Registry but the amount of information available may be limited and is dependent on which documents the company has filed with the Registry.
|BVI Company Search Report|
|Company Search Report||£220||4-5 days|
|Company Search Report Apostilled||£650||7-10 days|
Contents of a BVI Company Search Report
- Company Name
- Previous Names History – Previous name, foreign character name, date from/ cease date of name – if applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Type of Incorporation – Re-registration, New incorporation
- Company Type: private, plc, limited partnership, IBC – incorporation of companies limited by shares, are the most commonly formed type of company in the BVI
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, Struck Off for no payment of fees, in Penalty, Inactive, In Liquidation (insolvent)
- List of Filings and attachments
- Share Capital
- Bearer Shares – if the company has ability to issue Bearer Shares
- Authorised Share Capital
- Class of Shares
- Number of Shares Issued
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Last licence fee payment
- Register of Mortgages/ Charges filed at the BVI Registry (if filed at the BVI Registry)
- The date if struck off – Company Status, if applicable
- Register of Charges, whilst no requirement to file in practice they may be available. The authorised registered agent in the BVI or a legal practitioner in the BVI is authorised to file registration of charges and once filed at the registry these will be included in a company search
- List of the company filings – including date, transaction number, description of filing, status, general filing
- Certificate History – including type of certificate, transaction number and date of filing
If after searching the company records and archives at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs the company is not located a no trace certificate is issued.
AMENDMENTS TO THE BVI BC ACT AND REGULATIONS, 2022 Effective date: January 1, 2023
The BVI government has just approved important amendments to the BVI Business Companies Act 2004 that will come into force on January 1, 2023, the most relevant points by these amendments are the following:
Financial Information and Annual Returns
Companies will have to provide the Registered Agent with certain financial information in a prescribed form once a year. The form must be provided to the Registered Agent up to 9 months after the end of the company’s financial year. This form has not been released yet. As soon as it becomes available, we will let you know
This information will be kept by the Registered Agent only, and it will not be filed with the regulator or any BVI authority. However, the Registered Agent shall inform the regulator if the company does not provide the information in due time.
British Virgin Islands Company Status
|The BVI company search report we provide from the registry confirms the current status of the company:|
|Active||The company is in Good Standing with the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs|
|Inactive||A BVI company with an overdue licence fee is ‘Inactive’. This means that the company is not in good standing but is not yet struck off. The company must pay its licence fee and appropriate penalty in order to restore the company’s Active status|
|In Penalty||Licence fees are past due, Licence fee penalty fee is usually charged, once the fees are passed due.|
|Struck off||The company is dissolved – for Non-Payment of fees to the registry. The Registrar may strike a BVI company off the Register of Companies on any one of a number of different grounds, including:|
failure of the company to appoint a registered agent; failure of a company to file documents that it is required to file under the Act; failure of the company to pay its annual fee or a late payment penalty; or where the Registrar is satisfied that the company has ceased to carry on business However, the Registrar would not usually strike a company off administratively if the Registry had reason to believe that a company is trading or has any property. In such circumstances the Registrar has the power to refer the company to the Financial Services Commission for further investigation.
Register of Shareholders and Directors
It is a statutory requirement for IBC companies to file the register of directors on incorporation and update annually.
As there is no statutory requirement to file shareholder information with Registry of Corporate Affairs, it is unlikely this information would be included in a search report.
To remain compliant a BVI company must keep the Register of Directors and Shareholders at the BVI registered office of the company, these are not available for public inspection.
The BVI Registrar of Companies may make available upon request the name of the directors of a company, according to the register of directors filed at the Registry. The register will show the current director(s) and the date appointed where filed.
BVI Company Search Report example
Order a BVI Company Search Report
We can supply Company Search Reports on company’s registered in the BVI.
Please complete our order form so we can assist with your company search and company document requirements. The BVI company search report is delivered to you via email as a PDF.