BVI Company Search Report
We are able to conduct a search for any company registered in the BVI. We contact the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs and obtain the latest information on the target company which will show the companies current position and status.
The search provides information on the company held at the Registry but the amount of information available may be limited and is dependent on which documents the company has filed with the Registry.
BVI Company Search Report fees
- Company Search Report: £148
- Expedite fee: £60
- Courier: £80
Timescale to obtain a BVI Company Search Report
- Standard: 3 – 4 days
- Expedited: 1 – 2 days
- Apostilled: 5 – 8 days
Contents of a BVI Company Search Report
- Company Name
- Previous Names History – Previous name, foreign character name, date from/ cease date of name – if applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Type of Incorporation – Re-registration, New incorporation
- Company Type: private, plc, limited partnership, IBC – incorporation of companies limited by shares, are the most commonly formed type of company in the BVI
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, Struck Off for no payment of fees, in Penalty, Inactive, In Liquidation (insolvent)
- List of Filings and attachments
- Share Capital
- Bearer Shares – if the company has ability to issue Bearer Shares
- Authorised Share Capital
- Class of Shares
- Number of Shares Issued
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Last licence fee payment
- Register of Mortgages/ Charges filed at the BVI Registry (if filed at the BVI Registry)
- The date if struck off – Company Status (if applicable)
- Register of Charges, whilst no requirement to file in practice they may be available. The authorised registered agent in the BVI or a legal practitioner in the BVI is authorised to file registration of charges and once filed at the registry these will be included in a company search
- List of the company filings – including date, transaction number, description of filing, status, general filing
- Certificate History – including type of certificate, transaction number and date of filing
If after searching the company records and archives at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs the company is not located a no trace certificate is issued.
BVI Company Status
|The BVI company search report we provide from the registry confirms the current status of the company:|
|Active||The company is in Good Standing with the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs|
|Inactive||A BVI company with an overdue licence fee is ‘Inactive’. This means that the company is not in good standing, but is not yet struck off. The company must pay its licence fee and appropriate penalty in order to restore the company’s Active status|
|In Penalty||Licence fees are past due, Licence fee penalty fee is usually charged, once the fees are passed due.|
|Struck off||The company is dissolved – for Non Payment of fees to the registry. The Registrar may strike a BVI company off the Register of Companies on any one of a number of different grounds, including:|
failure of the company to appoint a registered agent; failure of a company to file documents that it is required to file under the Act; failure of the company to pay its annual fee or a late payment penalty; or where the Registrar is satisfied that the company has ceased to carry on business However, the Registrar would not usually strike a company off administratively if the Registry had reason to believe that a company is trading or has any property. In such circumstances the Registrar has the power to refer the company to the Financial Services Commission for further investigation.
Register of Shareholders and Directors
It is a statutory requirement for IBC companies to file the register of directors on incorporation, and update annually. The register of directors is only included within the BVI search report if the company has not selected to keep this private.
As there is no statutory requirement to file shareholder information with Registry of Corporate Affairs, it is unlikely this information would be included in a search report.
To remain compliant a BVI company must keep the Register of Directors and Shareholders at the BVI registered office of the company, these are not available for public inspection.
BVI Company Search Report example