BVI Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing confirms a BVI company has a Status of Good Standing with the BVI Register of Companies.
BVI Certificate of Good Standing Fees
- Certificate of Good Standing – £180
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled – £350
- Expedite fee – £75
- Courier – £70
Standard Service – 7 – 10 business days
Expedite Service – 3 – 4 business days
The Certificate of Good Standing is issued under section 235 of the BVI Companies Act 2004 and contains a statement that, at the date the certificate is issued, the BVI company is on the Register of Companies and has paid all fees and any penalties due under the Act.
The certificate includes the following information:
- Whether the company has articles of merger or consolidation that have not yet become effective
- If the company has filed articles of arrangement that have not yet become effective
- If the company is in voluntary liquidation
- If the company is in liquidation or receivership under the Insolvency Act 2003 – or is in administrative receivership
- If there are any proceedings being undertaken to strike the company off the Register of Companies
To remain in Good Standing with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs a BVI company is required to pay its Annual Government licence fee.
The Certificate largely resembles the Certificate of Incorporation and is used to confirm the company’s continued legal existence. It also confirms that all administrative requirements pertaining to the company’s continued registration have been complied with.
Such a certificate will be issued if:
- The company is on the Register of Companies; and
- There are no overdue annual or other fees and penalties due and payable
The certificate will state whether:
- The company has filed articles of merger or consolidation which are pending;
- The company has filed articles of arrangement that have not yet become effective;
- The company is in voluntary liquidation; or
- Proceedings have been instituted to strike the name of the company off the Registrar of Corporate Affairs.
Certificates of Good Standing issued by the Commission’s Registry of Corporate Affairs now bear the additional security feature which is a unique Certificate ID which can be verified.
We can provide a Certificate of Good Standing produced by the Registry of Corporate Affairs. Electronic Certificates of Good Standing issued by the BVI registry will bear the same security features as traditional hard copy certificates and can be authenticated using the authentication service provided by the Financial Services Commission.
Alternatively we can provide a traditional hard copy of the certificate delivered by courier. The Certificate of Good Standing can also be Apostilled by the Deputy Governor’s Office in the BVI.
If the company is not in Good Standing and a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued by the BVI registry they will instead provide a company search extract showing the current company status.