Hong Kong Company Documents
Companies registered under the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance are required to file statutory returns including the annual returns, notifications of change of address of registered office, directors and secretaries and their particulars with the Registrar of Companies.
As company incorporation agents our experience with the Hong Kong Companies Registry means we can obtain certified and Apostilled copies of company documents held by the Companies Registry.
Hong Kong Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £128
- Certificate of Good Standing – £220
- Apostilled Certificate of Good Standing – £320
- Apostilled Certificate of Incorporation – £320
- Express Documents – an additional £75 per document
The search report will be ordered from the Hong Kong Companies Registry and is delivered by email in 2 – 4 days.
Apostilled Hong Kong company documents usually take 8 – 14 days.
Hong Kong Company Search
Our Hong Kong company search report you can obtain the current registered information on a Hong Kong company. The search report is from the Companies Registry.
This company search report includes:
- Full company name – English name
- Chinese company name – if filed
- Company Name history – Previous company names including date company name used was effective from
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Registration number
- Company type – local company, limited company
- Current Active Status of Company – Live or not
- Previous company names including effective date of company names, company name used
- Register of charges – charge type, details and date registered with registry – if available
- Hong Kong Registered Office address
- Share Capital – authorised share capital, issued share capital and paid up share capital
- Company Director details – including name, type, Chinese name, HKID/ passport no, date appointment
- Shareholder details – name, address, current holding
- Company Secretary including name, Chinese name, company registration number, registered/ principal address, date of appointment
- A list of documents the company has filed in the last 3 years with the register of companies including the document name, submission/ filing date, document ref. number and AR/ AC year
- A copy of the latest annual return filed (if available) – all local companies incorporated in Hong Kong under the Companies Ordinance are required to file an annual return
The Hong Kong company Annual Return (only available occasionally) includes:
- Date annual return filed with the Registry
- The Annual Return is signed by a company director or the company secretary
- Shareholder details – name/ company name, address, current holding and number of shares transferred – from last annual return, date transferred and other notes
- Shares – Class of shares, nominal value, number of shares issued, nominal value of each share issued, currency of shares
- Company Registers – address where register of shareholders and register of debenture holders – if not kept at the registered office address
- Company Secretary/ Corporate Secretary – English name, Chinese name, address and company number/HKID/ passport no
- Company Directors/ Corporate Directors – English name, Chinese name, residential address and Company Number/ HKID/ passport no
- Mortgages and Charges – total amount outstanding as of the date of this return on all mortgages and charges which are required to be registered with the Registrar of Companies pursuant to sections 80 and 82 of the Companies Ordinance. – if available
- Presenters details including name, address, contact telephone number and email address
Local Hong Kong Companies are not required to file accounts with the Companies Registry.
Apostilled Hong Kong Company Search Extract
We can supply a certified CR registry search extract for a Hong Kong registered company which is also Apostilled at the High Court Registry. This extract would include the latest filed details on the Hong Kong Company.
Hong Kong Company Documents
Copies of the official filed company documents can be obtained for you from the Hong Kong Companies Registry.
Documents we can obtain include copies of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of Change of Name
- Certificate of Continuing Registration / Certificate of Good Standing
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Statutes
- Annual Return – if filed and available
Documents registered with the Registrar of Companies are available as electronic email copies and we can also provide registry certified copies sent by courier.
Certificate of Good Standing – Continuing Registration
We can supply a Certificate of Continuing Registration from the Hong Kong Registrar of Companies.
The Certificate of Continuing Registration is an official registry document, accepted by authorities and institutions as proof of continuing registration of a Hong Kong company.
It states under the Companies Ordinance the Hong Kong Company remains on the register of companies, maintained by the Hong Kong Registrar of Companies at the date of issue of the certificate.
The current name of the company and date of incorporation are shown on the Certificate of Continuing Registration. This certificate is provided from the Hong Kong Registrar of Companies with the signature of an authorised officer.
Hong Kong Certificate of Incorporation
We can obtain a Certificate of Incorporation certifying registration of a Hong Kong company.
A certified copy of the registration certificate can be provided that certifies the incorporation of the Hong Kong company or change of the company name
Memorandum and Articles of Association
The constitution or bylaws of a Hong Kong incorporated company are the Memorandum and Articles of Association which are registered with the Companies Registry when the company is incorporated. We can supply a registry certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association for a Hong Kong company.
Hong Kong Apostille – Company Documents
We can provide Hong Kong company documents Apostilled at the Hong Kong High Court Registry. An Apostille Certificate enables the presenter to bypass any further legislation to ensure immediate use of a document in the country of intent.
Hong Kong Company Documents we can supply Apostilled include:
- Certificate of Continuing Registration – A mandatory requirement is a current company search issued by the Registrar of Companies (made within 3 days) is attached to the Certificate of Continuing Registration. This is required to get the Certificate of Continuing Registration Apostilled in Hong Kong.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration Certificate
- Company Annual Return – AR1
- Change of Address of Registered Office – Certified document from the Hong Kong registry confirming the change of address of the company
Public documents to be Apostilled need to be original documents bearing the true signature of an official party such as a Hong Kong SAR Government recognised officer or they need to be certified copies from the Companies Registry in Hong Kong.
The official Apostille Service Office is at the High Court Registry, Queensway in Hong Kong.
The Apostille involves the addition of a certificate attached to the document which certifies:
- Country of origin of the document
- Name and identity of the signature – capacity in which a document has been signed
- Official seal – Name of authority which has affixed a seal or stamp to the document
- Place, date and document number
Business Registration Certificate
In Hong Kong, anyone who operates a business must be registered and possess a valid Business Registration Certificate.
The Certificate is obtained from the Inland Revenue Department and applies to partnerships, public and private limited companies. We can supply an apostilled copy of the Business Registration Certificate for a Hong Kong company.
Hong Kong – Company Accounts
In Hong Kong private limited companies are not required to file or disclose their financial statements. Therefore, it is not possible to obtain financial information from the Hong Kong Companies Registry.
A company in Hong Kong is required to produce and keep up-to-date a register of shareholders and directors and must be submitted to the Companies Registry and also kept at the companies Registered Office.
Hong Kong companies are required to file annual returns each year and displays information and changes with respect to the registered office, directors, secretary, share capital, shareholders, company registers and debts.
The annual return must be filed with the Registrar of Companies and must be submitted within 42 days after the company’s anniversary of incorporation.