Customer Service

Company Dissolution – Closing a Hong Kong Company

A Hong Kong limited company can be dissolved either by de-registration or liquidation.

De-registration is quicker, cheaper and easier for closing a company, but there are a few requirement for the de-registration application.

De-registration of a Hong Kong Limited Company

A private company, the director or the shareholders of the company can apply for the de-registration of the company
Until the company is deregistered and dissolved, the company is still required to observe its statutory obligations under the Companies Ordinance. These include the delivery of annual returns, notices of change of address of registered office, change of company secretary and directors and their particulars.

Application for de-registration requirements:

  • All shareholders of the company agree to the de-registration
  • The company has not commenced operation or business or
  • Has not carried on business during the 3 months immediately before the application
  • The company has no outstanding liabilities
  • The company is not a party to any legal proceedings
  • The company’s assets do not consist of any immovable property situate in Hong Kong
  • The company has obtained a “notice of no objection to a company being deregistered”  from the commissioner of Inland Revenue.
  • If the company has commenced any business, the company shall has completed the required accounting and auditing.
  • Tax issue shall be completed and agreed by the Inland Revenue.

Company Dissolution fees

Our service charges£600
Fee for application for strike off£75
Fee for application of Notice from Inland Revenue£75
Preparation of minutes and other documents for application of de-registration
Apply to Inland Revenue for Notice of No Objection
Application for de-registration

These fees do not included any penalty from the government’s department.

During the application of de-registration, the government department will send notification to the company in regards, we strongly suggest to use our registered address and company secretary service during the application for de-registration.