UK Tax Agent
We can act as your UK Tax Agent with HM Revenue & Customs -HMRC .
We will correspond with HMRC on your behalf with regards to Corporation Tax.
UK Tax Agent fees
- Tax Agent for UK Private Limited Company – £400 – £800
- for PLC – £1,200
A UK company must file a notice of its existence to the tax authorities within 3 months of incorporation and must file a Corporation Tax Return no later than 12 months after its year end.
As your Tax Agent, we will have access to online services and can view and monitor information with regards to your company’s tax liability.
As your UK Tax Agent we:
- Communicate with the HMRC on behalf of the tax payer
- Assist you with an application to register for VAT
- Exchange information with HMRC
- File your Corporation Tax returns and lodge accounts and tax computations on your behalf if instructed
- Receive copies of all HMRC letters/notices sent to you
- Obtain a Tax Residency Certificate if required
- We monitor your balance and obligations; and warn of any deadlines due
Once appointed as your company’s Tax Agent, we can assist with filing your Corporation Tax return
Being appointed agent allows us to speak on behalf to the authorities at HMRC.
- As your agent we works with UK tax practice so are able to adapt to changes in reporting requirements and possibilities to reduce future taxes. This is particularly important as HMRC are continuing to introduce Making Tax Digital guidelines
- We understand the necessary UK tax laws and plan for the future tax affairs of your company
- We have qualified accountants regulated by professional bodies
- We use a HMRC help lines for professional tax agents which saves you time – Speaking directly to HMRC is useful, because the authorities may question calculations, the taxability of items or accelerated tax relief on the purchase of capital items
Whilst we are your tax agents we can lodge tax returns online as agents through the codes which we hold. We open up an account with HMRC online to ensure that the client themselves are able to lodge returns online.
- Initial Registration: obtain an authorisation number, through our agent account we have with HMRC
- Organise the periods of account for Corporation Tax: Often the periods of account are different to the accounting reporting period
- Notifying client of any HMRC requests: for example to produce accounting records
Registering for VAT
The simplicity and cost of UK companies make them very attractive, however, getting a VAT number for general European business is more difficult.
Having a Tax Agent is usually a persuasive factor in allowing a company to obtain VAT registration. The HMRC require evidence of trading, or there is the intention to do business in the future, this detail can be persuasive in your UK company obtaining a VAT number.
- Suppliers or Customers in the UK
- Having a UK bank account
- Rental of premises
- Storage or manufacture of goods in the UK
- Employment of UK staff
- Appointment of a UK Tax Agent
HMRC Certificate of Tax Residency
We can provide a certified and signed HMRC Certificate of UK Residency which is Apostilled at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The content and form of this certificate depends on:
- Type of tax or withholding tax that can be reduced in the other country
- The wording of the Double Tax Treaty with that country
- The relationship that your country has with the UK
This document is used by a UK registered company to confirm it is located in the UK for tax purposes.