UK Certificate of Good Standing
A Good Standing certificate states that a UK company has been in continued legal existence since its Incorporation. The Certificate of Good Standing from the Companies House also confirms the statutory administrative requirements have been complied with.
The Certificate of Good Standing issued by UK Companies House also confirms no action is currently being taken to strike the company off the UK company register.
UK Certificate of Good Standing fees
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £180
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £350
- Company Search Report: £68
- Expedited fee: £60
Timescale to obtain a UK Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard: 7 – 10 days
- Expedite: suspended (this is not currently available at the registry)
- Apostilled: 8 – 14 days
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type
- Registered Office – This will give the current registered office of the company
- Previous registered office addresses – can be included if required
- Directors – The current company directors names are included
- The Directors correspondence address, occupation, date of birth, Appointment date, nationality and country of residence can be included if requested
- Objects – Summary of the company objects if requested
- Company Secretary – Where the company has a Company Secretary, details of all current secretaries are included
- The Company Secretary correspondence address and appointment date can be included if requested
- The UK company has been in continuous unbroken existence since its Incorporation
- Confirms that all administrative requirements have been complied with
- No action is currently being taken by the Registrar of Companies to Strike the company off the Register or to dissolve it
- As far as the Registrar is aware, the company is not currently subject to one or more of the following: liquidation, company voluntary arrangement or has a receiver appointed
- Signature of an authorised officer at the Registrar of Companies
UK Certificate of Good Standing example
Company Not in Good Standing – Company Restoration
Companies House will only issue a Good Standing certificate if the company’s confirmation statement (previously the annual return) and accounts are filed up to date.
If the company is not in Good Standing and a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued by the Companies House, we will instead provide a company search extract showing the current company status. If your UK company is not in Good Standing we can assist and restore your UK company to the Companies Register.
Apostilled UK Certificate of Good Standing
We can provide a UK Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled at the UK Legalisation Department at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has the function of legalising UK company documents for use in countries signed up to the Hague Convention. The UK Certificate of Good Standing need to first be Certified at Companies House to then we get this taken to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for Apostille.
Order a UK Certificate of Good Standing
When your order is placed for a Certificate of Good Standing, we check the status of the UK company with Companies House. Once the document has been prepared by Companies House we get a scanned copy emailed through and the original delivered by courier, where required.
We can provide an Apostilled Certificate of Good Standing which is first Registry Certified at Companies House and then Apostilled at the Legalisation department of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.