Company Registry – UK Company Documents
UK Company Document examples
As company incorporation agents our experience with the UK Companies House means we can obtain company reports, certified copies of official company documents held by the registry on any registered UK company.
We provide UK certified company documents, where Companies House has stamped the document to verify its authenticity.
Certified company documents from the UK registry can be Apostilled at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, this authenticates the documents for use overseas.
UK Company Document fees
|UK Company Documents|
|Company Search Report||£88||1-2 days|
|Director’s Report & Accounts||£46||1-2 days|
|Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified||£180||5-7 days|
|Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled||£350||10-14 days|
|Certificate of Incorporation Registry Certified||£180||5-7 days|
|Certificate of Incorporation Apostilled||£350||10-14 days|
|Memorandum of Association Registry Certified||£180||5-7 days|
UK Company Search Report
UK companies are required to file details of their Share Capital, Shareholders, Directors and Accounts.
A UK Company Search report includes:
- Company Name
- Previous company names
- Company type – private limited company or plc
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Registration Number
- Current Status: in Good Standing or Dissolved
- Nature of Business – SIC codes
- Secured Charges – outstanding, satisfied or part satisfied
- Registered Office Address
- Share Capital – statement of share capital including class of shares, currency, number allotted shares, nominal share value
- Directors details – name, date of birth, occupation, nationality, date appointed, country resident in, other directorships
- Company Secretary – name, date of birth, nationality, date appointed
- Shareholders – name, shareholding – providing a Confirmation Statement/Annual Return has been filed
- Key filing dates including Accounting Reference Date, Accounts Year End and when the next accounts are due
- Document filing history
- Directors’ Report and Accounts – contents may include: directors’ report, auditors’ report, profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow statement, notes on the cash flow statement and notes on the financial statements – depends on the company size
UK Certificate of Good Standing
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing from Companies House certifying the UK Company has been in continuous, unbroken existence since its incorporation and that no action is currently being taken to strike the company off the register.
The UK Company’s Confirmation Statement / Annual Return and Accounts need to have been filed with the registry for the Certificate of Good Standing to be issued.
The following additional details can be included on a UK Certificate of Good Standing:
- Registered Office
- Company Secretary
The certificate is provided from Companies House with an official stamp and with the signature of an authorised officer.
Certificate of Incorporation
We can provide a registry certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation for a UK company and signed by a Companies House official.
The certificate confirms the date the UK company was incorporated and Companies House certify that in respect of the incorporation all requirements of the UK Companies Act were satisfied.
Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
We can supply certified copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association which are two statutory documents filed with Companies House when a company is incorporated in the UK.
The Memorandum of Association include the company’s name, registered office, business activities and objects.
The Articles of Association are the rules for the company’s internal affairs.
A UK Private company limited by shares, can adopt Model Articles, meeting the requirements of the Companies Act 2006. Model Articles are not available as a certified document from Companies House. Only where model articles with amendments or bespoke articles are filed by the UK company can they be ordered registry certified and apostilled.
Apostilled UK Company Documents
Documents we can provide Apostilled with the Department at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office include:
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
The Apostille Service at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office is currently a postal service taking up to 5 working days. The company document is certified at UK companies House and then sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for Apostille. As soon as Apostilled a scanned copy is emailed through and the original document couriered through.
Confirmation Statement (Annual Return)
The Confirmation Statement confirms that the company details are up to date on the UK public register and includes:
- The Company name, company type and number
- The principal business activities/ standard industrial classification (SIC code)
- Statement of Capital
- Trading status of shares and exemption from keeping a register of people with significant control
- Shareholder information is submitted on this form but, not included if you order a certified copy of the confirmation statement from Companies House
UK Director’s Report & Accounts
We can provide latest Director’s Report & Accounts for UK Registered Companies.
Company accounts filed at the United Kingdom companies registry vary according to the classification of the company.
Generally company accounts filed with Companies House include: a profit and loss account, a balance sheet signed by a director on behalf of the board and the accounts must be accompanied by a directors’ report signed by a secretary or director.
The types of company accounts filed depends on factors:
- Micro-entities, Small and Dormant companies – The type of company files shorter simpler accounts
- Accounts must be filed even if the company has remained dormant and never traded
Small and medium-sized companies may file an abbreviated version of their prepared accounts with Companies House.