Malta Company Registry – Malta Financial Services Authority
The Maltese Registry of Companies is a department of the Malta Financial Services Authority.
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator of financial services in Malta. The MFSA regulates banking, financial institutions, insurance companies, investment services companies, securities markets, recognised investment exchanges, trust management companies, company services providers and pension schemes.
Malta Companies Registry functions
The Registrar of Companies is appointed in terms of the Companies Act 1995 and is entrusted with ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Act.
- Manage Malta’s Registry of Companies
- Regulate the financial services industry in Malta
- Protects the interests of consumers and investors
- Encourage the highest possible standards of behaviour in the financial services industry
- Provide regular information on local and global developments affecting the finance industry
- Carry out regular and proper inspections of licensed financial services business
- Advise and assist, as appropriate, approved incoming finance businesses to settle in Malta and contribute to national economic well-being
- Communicate and liaise with national, international and supranational organisations involved in combating financial crime
- Propose the improvement of existing legislation or the creation of new legislation
Services we provide in Malta
Malta Company Formations – Malta companies are a popular holding structure, with reasonable incorporation costs
Malta Company Restorations – Restore Your Malta Company Effectively With Our Restoration Service
Malta Certificate of Good Standing – We provide Registry Certified and Apostilled Malta Certificates of Good Standing, a Malta company has to be up to date with the filing of its accounts and annual returns for the Registrar to issue a Certificate of Good Standing
Malta Company Search Report – we can provide a search report which is a summary of the latest information on the company held by the Malta Company Registry, this including the current company status and latest filed accounts
Malta Registry Filing Requirements
Your company has a duty under the Companies Act include the submission of various notifications and documentation to the Registrar of Companies.
Your Malta company is required to submit to the Registrar an Annual Return accompanied by the registration fee on the anniversary of the company’s registration. The return is signed by a director or by the company secretary and submitted to the Registrar.
The company directors have a duty to prepare annual accounts for the Malta company and submit a copy to the Registrar.
There is also an obligation to file the appropriate forms and documentation whenever there is a change in the company directors, shareholders, company secretary and the Memorandum or Articles of Association.
Malta Government Gazette
The Malta Government Gazette is a government Gazette published by the Department of Information, at the Government of Malta. The Gazette includes all acts of legislation and Government notices.
Malta Registry address:
Malta Business Registry
AM Business Centre,
Zejtun, ZTN 2401,