Ireland Companies Registry – Companies Registration Office
The Companies Registration Office is the central repository of public statutory information on Irish companies. Incorporation of Irish companies and the registration of business names.
the Companies Registration Office main statutory functions are:
- To incorporate and dissolve Irish companies
- To examine documents presented under the Companies Act 2014 and related company legislation
- To hold and make this company information available
Companies Registration Office
14 Parnell Square
Company Disclosure – Filing requirements for Irish companies
Ireland companies are required to file company accounts annually. Companies are classified as small, medium or large and the documents filed at the Companies Registration Office vary according to the classification.
An Irish registered company is required to submit an Annual Return to the Registrar of Companies which contains details of the shareholders, directors, secretary, registered office and the share capital of the company.
Ireland Company Incorporations
We are part of the Companies Registration Office company incorporation scheme, we file all applications for new companies under this scheme this allows for companies to be incorporated and registered with The Companies Registration Office within 2 – 3 days.
The Memorandum and Articles of Association we submit to the CRO are pre-approved and only the following changes can be made for each company:
- The name of the company
- The principal objects clause (main business activity)
- The shareholders and their shareholding
- The witness and the date witnessed
- Share capital
Once incorporated the Memorandum and Articles of Association can be changed by a special resolution.
The additional text inserted in the principal object clause must not be more than forty words long and ought to include a maximum of two distinct activities.
The principal activity must match the NACE code set out in the application form.
We file all applications electronically as part of the scheme and then submit the documents with original signatures, 2 – 3 days later we will provide your with your company incorporation details and forward the certificate of incorporation and company formation package to you.
All statutory information provided by companies to the registry is available for inspection.
- Company name, registration number, date of incorporation and registered office address.
- All statutory information supplied by companies is kept on files by the CRO; in paper format in the case of companies formed prior to May 1990, and in electronic format for companies incorporated since that date.
In dealing with various departments of the Companies Registration Office on a daily basis, we have the best contact details and procedures in place for seeking information from the Companies Registration Office regarding registration and post-registration matters.