Cayman Islands Company Formations
The Cayman Islands Exempt company is the company for Non-Residents where the proposed activities of the company are offshore.
The company is not authorised to trade in the Cayman Islands.
An application to incorporate a company is effected by the delivery of signed copies of the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association to the Registrar of Companies.
Once the company has been incorporated, a first meeting of directors deals with administrative matters, including:
- Appointing directors and officers
- Approving the transfer of shares held by the subscriber to the memorandum to the proposed shareholders
- Approving the financial year end of the company
|Cayman Islands Company Incorporation fees||Cayman Islands Annual Compliance fees|
|Exempt Company Formation: £1800 +||Registered Office and Resident Agent: £1290|
|Registered Office and Resident Agent: £1290||Company Management fee: £300|
|Stamp Duty & Filing fee: US$225||Annual Government fee: USD$850|
|Cayman Islands Government Fee US$850||Cayman Islands Government Fee US$850|
|Economic Substance Filing fee: £250||Economic Substance Filing fee: £250|
|UBO Register Submission: £175||Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £175|
|Company Secretary if required: £490|
Cayman Islands Exempt Companies
Where the proposed activities of a company are to be carried out outside of the Cayman Islands, an Exempt company may be registered.
- Exempt Company need not hold an annual general meeting in the islands.
- It may issue shares with nominal or no par value
- The annual return to the Registrar requires a declaration that: no changes, other than those notified to the Registrar, have been made in the Memorandum of Association; the provisions of the Companies Law have been observed; and the company’s operations have been outside the Cayman Islands
- An Exempted Company may express its capital in any currency or in multiple currencies
Cayman Islands Company Directors & Shareholders
Only one director is required for your company and the director may be of any nationality. The initial directors details are filed as part of the Memorandum and Articles of the company with the Registrar, subsequent appointments are not on public record.
Only one shareholder is required for your company and there are no nationality or residence restrictions.
- There is no minimum share capital
- Exempt companies can issue shares at no par value
- Non-Resident companies need to put a par value on shares
- Additional Government fees will apply for a company incorporated with a share capital greater than US$50,000
Companies incorporated in the Cayman Islands must file an annual return in January of each year.
Registered Office and Registered Agent
Your Cayman Islands company must have a registered office, which must be a physical address in Cayman Islands.
The registered office is where documents may be legally served on the company. We provide the registered office address.
Company Incorporation Documents
Once incorporated we provide a set of corporate documents for your Cayman Islands company which, includes the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association the Articles of Association, first minutes and Share Certificates. Copies of the company incorporation documents are sent via email and the originals from the companies registry are sent to you in a corporate folder.
Companies in the Cayman Islands are not subject to any form of direct taxation in Cayman Islands. An Exempt company provides the additional benefit of a tax exemption certificate granted for a period of up to 20 years.