Cayman Islands Company Documents
As incorporation agents our experience with the Cayman Islands Government General Registry means we can provide Cayman Islands company searches, we can only obtain registry copies of official company documents if you are a Director or Officer of the Company or have authorisation.
Cayman Islands Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £220
- Directors Register – by email £148
- Express Documents – an additional £75 per document
The search report will be ordered from the Cayman Islands Registrar of Companies and is delivered by email in 2 – 3 days.
Cayman Islands Companies Registry – Registrar of Companies
The Cayman Islands Government Registry supports the Islands’ financial services industry by maintaining registers of Companies, Partnerships, Trusts and Patents & Trademarks.
The Registrar of Companies is the Cayman Islands equivalent of Companies House in the United Kingdom.
Cayman Islands Company Search
We can provide a Company Search report on companies registered in the Cayman Islands, this includes the latest information filed with the Cayman Islands Government General Registry.
A Cayman Islands company search report includes:
- Company Name
- Company Registration/ File Number
- Type of Company/ Entity – resident, non-resident, or an exempted company
- Incorporation date
- Registration date
- Company Status – Active/ Good Standing, Dissolved
- Registered Office Address – All companies must have a registered office in the Cayman Islands. With exempted and non-resident companies this must be provided by a local licensed company
- Registered Agent name, address and contact details
- Director Register – the latest filed version where available
- Details if registered with the Monetary Authority in the Cayman Islands including, reference number, full name, type of license/ registration and date recognised
- Any other company information available
The names of the company directors and officers are submitted to the Registrar of Companies during company incorporation but are not available to the public or included in the company search.
There is no requirement for company’s to file financial information with the authorities so financial information is not available.
The search is available for Companies, Partnerships and Trusts registered in the Cayman Islands.
Cayman Islands Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing from the Registry certifies a Cayman Islands Company is in Good Standing. The certificate states that a company is duly organised and registered under the Laws of the Cayman Islands.
We can only supply this document from the registered office of the company, if you have authorisation or are a Director or Officer of the Cayman Island Company.
Registry Copies of Company Documents
Company Documents are not available from the Cayman Islands Government General Registry and have to be requested from the Registered Office of the company in the Cayman Islands. Copies of company documents can be obtained through the registered office of the Cayman Island company, if you have authorisation or are a Director or Officer of the Cayman Island Company.
Public Information – Company Directors
Companies in the Cayman Islands do have a legal obligation to produce shareholder and director registers and file these with the company registry, however, the shareholder register are not publicly available. The Companies (Amendment) Act 2019, requires a company’s information, including a list of directors to be maintained and publicly available.
Cayman Islands Company Changes
Certain company changes must be filed with the Cayman Islands Government General Registry within a certain time period following the change:
- Director changes – within 30 days
- Shareholder changes – within 30 days
- Company name change – within 15 days
- Changes to the Memorandum and Articles of Association – within 15 days
- Special resolutions passed by shareholders – within 15 days
- Registered office change – within 30 days
- Company registers – within 30 days
- Authorised capital – within 30 days
Failing to comply with the Companies (Amendment) Act 2019 and filing changes to the director register will incur penalty charges.