St Kitts and Nevis Company Formations
We provide you with full expert assistance throughout every step of the St Kitts and Nevis company formation process.
To start the incorporation of your St Kitts and Nevis company we initially only require, the proposed company name, details of the company directors, shareholders and the proposed activities.
|St Kitts and Nevis Fees to Incorporate||St Kitts and Nevis Annual Maintenance Fees|
|Company Formation – £1200||Provision of Registered Office and Resident Agent – £560|
|Provision of Registered Office and Resident Agent – £560||Government Renewal Fee – US$250|
|Government Fee – US$250||Company Secretary recommended – £320|
|Company Secretary recommended – £320||Directors Register Maintenance – £120|
The St. Kitts & Nevis Inland Revenue Department, states all companies registered under the Nevis Business Corporations Ordinance and the Nevis Limited Liability Companies Ordinance will be required to file a Simplified Tax Return.
Registration Information Required
To incorporate a St Kitts and Nevis company the following is required for the company registrar:
- Proposed Company Name
- Brief Description of Company Activities
- Shareholders Details
- Company Directors Details
- St Kitts and Nevis Registered Office Address
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association – which we draft for you
Company Incorporation Procedure
The Articles of Incorporation must include the following:
- Name of the corporation
- A statement that the Corporation is incorporated under the Nevis Business Corporation Ordinance (NBCO)
- The purpose or purposes for which the Corporation is incorporated
- The succession of the corporation if other than perpetual
- The address of the corporation in Nevis which shall be the address of its Registered Agent
- The aggregate number of shares which the Corporation shall have authority to issue
- If the initial directors are to be named in the articles of incorporation, the names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as directors.
- The articles must be signed by the incorporation and this signature must be notarised
- The registered agent files the Articles of Incorporation with the Registrar of Companies and Trusts.
Company Incorporation Documents
Once incorporated we provide a set of corporate documents for your St Kitts and Nevis company which, includes the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association the Articles of Association, first minutes and share certificates.
Copies of the company incorporation documents are sent via email and the originals from the companies registry are sent to you in a corporate folder.
Registered Office – Registered Agent
Your St Kitts and Nevis company must have a registered office, which must be a physical address in St Kitts and Nevis. It must also have a registered Agent in St Kitts and Nevis. We can provide you with a registered office and registered agent in St Kitts and Nevis. Registered Office and Registered Agent are included in our registered office fee.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum share capital
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency
- Your IBC may issue as few or as many shares as it deems desirable
- The standard share capital is US $50,000
- Although the share capital for a St Kitts and Nevis IBC is US$50,000 only a single share needs to be issued, and may be in any currency.
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- A St Kitts and Nevis only requires 1 director
- The names of directors do not appear in public records
- A corporate body may not be a director
- There is no requirement to appoint a local director
- Shareholders may be of any nationality
- A minimum of one shareholder is required.
- A corporate body may not be a shareholder
- The names of shareholders do not appear in public record
- There is no requirement to appoint a St Kitts and Nevis resident shareholder
- The shareholders of the St Kitts and Nevis company can be either corporations or individuals
Taxation of International Business Companies
Your International Business Company is exempt from St Kitts and Nevis income tax, capital gains tax, withholding tax and all stamp duty. Your company will be exempt from all estate, inheritance or succession tax.
On 12 August 2020, the St Kitts & Nevis Inland Revenue Department announced that all companies will be required to file a Simplified Tax Return. This is a direct response to the calls from the European Union and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development for St Kitts and Nevis “to comply with international tax good governance principles.”
The directors/managers of each entity will be required to sign a declaration and provide information regarding matters such as their tax residence, activities and income.
Register of Shareholders
The Register of Shareholders must be kept, inspection of the register by persons who are not members or officers of the company.