Italy Company Formations
The incorporation process of your Italian S.r.l takes around 4 – 6 weeks.
The authorised share capital requirement for your S.r.l is €10,000. At least 25% of the share capital must be deposited within a bank in Italy before the Deed of Incorporation is executed.
For a single shareholder, Italian law requires the entire share capital will be fully paid-up at the time of the incorporation. The Bank will issue a deposit certificate to be attached to the Deed of Incorporation.
|Italy Fees to Incorporate||Italy Annual Maintenance fees|
|Company Formation – £4650 including –|
Italian Notary fees, Drafting Memorandum and
Articles of Association, Preparation and filing of declaration,
Register for tax €200,
Registry Tax €30,
Government grant tax €310,
validation of shareholders register €150,
temporary account €250,
social security contribution €80,
Shareholder decision book €10,
Registration fee €1400,
PEC legal email address for 6 months
|Provision of Registered Office – £1600|
|Provision of Registered Office – £1600||Company Secretary recommended – £660|
|Application for VAT Registration – £320||Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance – £175|
|Fiscal Code per Director/Share holder – £220|
Italy S.r.l Company Formation
- Reserving your Company Name
- Liaise with the local registrar and relevant authorities
- Structuring the company as per your requirements
- Prepare your Company Registration forms
- Drafting the Statutes
- File the documents with the Registro delle Imprese at the local Chamber of Commerce
- Appoint the Directors
- Minutes appointing first Directors
- Validation of shareholders’ decision book
- Notary Public fees
- Inter-community code for VAT purposes
- Application for VAT Registration
- Register your company with the Chamber of Commerce
- Obtaining Fiscal code
- Initial Government licence fee payable on incorporation
- Authenticated copy of the Incorporation documents by email
- Issue of shares and production of Share Certificates
Requirements for Incorporation
The following are required for the purpose of incorporation of a Limited Liability Company:
- One shareholder required , individual or corporate
- The minimum capital required for a S.r.l is of €10,000
- The shareholders’ contributions must be in cash, unless the deed of incorporation provides otherwise
- Deeds are signed in front of the Italian Notary, either in person or electronically via PEC legal email address
Italian Company Directors
- Only one director is required for a S.r.l company
- All directors need a fiscal number (codice fiscale)
- We will obtain your fiscal number .
Italian Company Shareholders
- Only one shareholder is required
- Only 25% share capital needs to be deposited before incorporation with two or more shareholders
- Shareholders need to obtain a fiscal number; whether they are an individual or a corporation
- We will obtain your fiscal number .
Every company in Italy is obliged to provide an official registered office where company books and official documents are kept. This is the address where your company will be registered.
S.r.l. companies require share capital of €10,000 but it is possible to incorporate with no minimum share capital. If a company chooses to incorporate with capital less than €10,000 then 20% of profits must be retained each year (called the legal reserve) until the €10,000 capital is raised. Furthermore, share capital contributions must be in cash and may not be in the form of assets if the capital is less than €10,000.
Procedure for the Incorporation of Limited Liability Company
The Deed of Incorporation of an S.r.l consists of a Certificate of Incorporation and statutes.
- All data identifying each shareholder and the part of capital subscribed by each of them
- The company name and the address of the registered office
- A complete description of the objects of the company
- The share capital
- Names of those who have the power to represent the company
The share capital requirement for an S.r.l is €10,000. Italian law requires that at least 25% of the subscribed capital to be deposited with a bank in Italy before the Deed of Incorporation is executed.
The bank will issue a certificate as to the deposit to be attached to the Deed of Incorporation.
To effect the registration of the S.r.l. with the Register of Companies the director signs a Chamber of Commerce form, which we deposit
A fiscal code in Italy (codice fiscale) is required for each director and shareholder. The fiscal code in Italy acts as an ID Number – Social Security Number.
Newly Incorporated Company
After the deed of incorporation executed before the Notary:
- the newly incorporated company must file the application for registration with the Register of Enterprises within 30 days from the date of the incorporation
- the Register of Enterprises will inform all the other authorities (INPS, INAIL, Tax Authorities) as request of fiscal code and VAT number as well as fulfilment of all the other tax and social security obligations
- the newly incorporated company is entitled to start its activity upon receipt of the confirmation of the registration
- all the administrative authorities will communicate to the company and to the Register of Enterprises all the information requested such as fiscal code and VAT number within 7 days from the application.
Ready Made Company
Ready made companies are not available in Italy.