Isle of Man Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Financial Supervision Commission who administer access to the Commercial Companies Register means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Isle of Man company searches.
Isle of Man Document Fees
- Company Search Report – £112
- Certificate of Good Standing – £180
Isle of Man Company Search Report – Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the Isle of Man Companies Registry and delivered by email in 2 – 4 days.
Isle of Man Company Search
The Isle of Man Company Search is a summary of the latest information filed at Financial Supervision Commission, confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details disclosed by the company.
The Isle of Man company report includes:
- Company Name
- Any previous company names – where applicable
- Company Registration Number/ID number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration date
- Company Type/ Entity – IOM Company, Limited Liability Company
- Name Type – Current
- Company Status – Dissolved, Live,
- Date Company Dissolved/ cessation of trading – where applicable
- The name of any liquidator or receiver appointed – where applicable
- Registered Office Address
- Presence of Charges – if available
- List of documents filed with the Isle of Man Registry – details include document type, document description and date received at the registry
All IOM companies are given a unique reference number when they are incorporated or registered. Each company type has a distinctive suffix to distinguish it, this will be included in the company search. The following suffixes are used:
C = Isle of Man Company
F = Foreign Company
L = Limited Liability Company
B = Business Name
List of the documents filed with the Isle of Man Companies Registry by the company – including document type, document description, date received at the registry and any additional comments.
The use of bearer shares and nominee shareholders and directors makes obtaining information on directors and shareholders difficult, again the information being limited to what the company has filed voluntarily.
The Isle of Man accounting records these do not need to be filed and are not available for public inspection. Similarly, details of the beneficial owners of the company are not available to the public. All companies are obliged to file an annual return.
Accounting and Financial Statements
There are no requirements in the Isle of Man to file annual financial statements. Yearly profit and loss statements, balance statements and directors’ reports must be prepared and kept at the registered office despite there being no need to file these documents.
Accounting and Reporting
In the Isle of Man there is no obligations to prepare financial statements or conduct annual audits. However, it is still a requirement to file annual returns with the Financial Supervision Commission and maintain accounting records. A Register of Members is kept but not publicly available, only the directors, shareholders, Attorney General and Financial Supervision Commission have access to this register. The annual return submitted to the Financial Supervision Commission must contain details of the directors.
Companies are obliged to keep company registers of directors and shareholders. These are kept at the registered office and do not need to be filed with the authorities. The register is only open to inspection by the directors’ and shareholders’.
The general registers that must be kept at the registered office include the Register of Shareholders, Register of Directors, Register of Mortgages and Charges, Register of Debentures, Minutes, Accounting Records, copies of Charges and copies of documents lodged with the FSC.
All companies are required to file an annual return with the FSC which details company information such as directors, members, share capital and various other information. The annual return filing fee must be paid at the point of filing the annual return.
Isle of Man Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing issued by Financial Supervision Commission, confirms the company has a status of Good Standing with the registry and is up to date with the statutory filing requirements.
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing under section 211 of the Isle of Man Companies Act.
The Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Isle Of Man registry will include a summary of the company which, contains the following information:
- The date of incorporation of the Company/Re-Registration/Continuance
- The Registered Office Address of the Company
- The last annual return date of the company – if filed
- The name of the Registered Agent
- The company is on the register of companies and is in Good Standing with this registry
- There are no documents on the company file relating to winding up or dissolution of the company or the appointment of a receiver in respect of any of its assets
- No proceedings to strike the name of the company off the register of companies have been instituted
Memorandum of Association
We can provide copies of the Memorandum of Association which includes, the company name, registered office, registered agent, business activities, share capital the company is authorised to issue, objects and powers of the Isle of Man company.
The Memorandum of Association set out:
- The Isle of Man company name
- Address of the first registered office of the company
- Name of the first registered agent of the company
- Full name and residential or business address of each subscriber
- Number of shares that the subscriber agrees to take
- Amount that the subscriber agrees to pay for each share that the subscriber is specified as having agreed to take
- In the case of a company limited by shares and an unlimited company with shares, the agreement of each subscriber to take one or more shares on the incorporation of the company
- In the case of a company limited by guarantee, a company limited by shares and by guarantee and an unlimited company without shares, the agreement of each subscriber to become a member on the incorporation of the company
- In the case of a company limited by shares and by guarantee where a subscriber intends to take shares, the agreement of each such subscriber to take one or more shares on the incorporation of the company
- In the case of a company limited by guarantee and a company limited by shares and by guarantee, the
- Where a company is to be limited by guarantee, the memorandum must state that each member undertakes to contribute such amount as may be required to the assets of the company in the event of it being wound up
Isle of Man Certificate of Incorporation
The Isle of Man Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Financial Supervision Commission and we can provide a registry copy of the company incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number, date of incorporation and states that a company is incorporated under the relevant companies acts. Isle of Man companies were re-registered as part of the 2006 Companies Act, therefore companies can also have a re-registration certificate.
Articles of Association
The Articles of Association effectively are a contract between the company and its members and sets out the rules for the operation of a company’s internal affairs. Isle of Man Companies may submit their own Articles of Association, or adopt the Model Articles.
An Apostille is a certificate attached to an original Isle of Man company document which, confirms the authenticity of the signature and registry stamp. We can provide legalised Isle of Man company documents, including copies of certificates filed with the Financial Supervision Commission.
Isle of Man Company Restorations
To advise on the restoration of your Isle of Man company you would need to order a company search to check the company details with the Financial Supervision Commission. We can then advise on the restoration procedure to get your company back into Good Standing. All outstanding statutory filings will need to be brought up to date and the payment of any unpaid filing fees.
Isle of Man Company Documents
Please complete our enquiry form, so we can assist with your company documents requirements.