USA Company Dissolution – Closing a USA Company
If you no longer require your company and wish to have it struck off the company register we can assist with the USA Company Dissolution.
There are many reasons a company may need to file for dissolution beyond simply ceasing trading or maybe not even getting started.
Other reasons include a retirement, merging with another company or being acquired.
Irrespective of the reason it is very important to take the necessary steps to dissolve the company correctly, don’t just leave it and walk away. As a Director you need to comply with regulations as well as protect yourself from potential risk and fines.
USA Company Dissolution Fees
- Company Search – $56 – £40
- Our Service fee – $360 – £280
- State fee (variable) – Delaware $200
- Expedite fee – $80 – £60
We can have your company dissolved in most states within a week, although a couple of states take 3-4 weeks and may require proof that taxes have been paid
Having your USA Company Dissolved
Having your USA company voluntarily dissolved rather than struck off by the Secretary of State, has many advantages:
- It is a straightforward process compared to company liquidation
- It avoids formal investigation into the conduct of the directors as required in liquidation or receivership.
- It maintains the company’s officers and shareholders reputation for future business ventures
- It avoids the costs of liquidation, fees and expenses.
Dissolving a Corporation or LLC
A Corporation dissolution or an LLC cancellation is the formal closure of your company.
Dissolutions requires Director or Shareholder approval prior to filing and the company must be up to date with all taxes and all annual reports filings with the state.
Once your dissolution is approved, you may also need to file a form 966 Corporate Dissolution or Liquidation with the Internal Revenue Service.
Without a formal dissolution, your company remains active in the state, even if you are no longer doing business and therefore subject to all annual reporting fees and corporate tax payments.
If registered in other states
If you have registered to transact business (foreign qualified) in a state other than your state of incorporation, you need to dissolve in the state of incorporation and the state(s) of qualification.
- Check current status of the company with the state of formation.
- Prepare the Articles of Dissolution or Cancellation and any other required state forms.
- Pay all required dissolution fees and final taxes to the state agencies.
- Email of the completed documents to you