USA Company Dissolution – Closing a USA Company
If you no longer require your company and wish to have it struck off the company register we can assist you with a USA Company Dissolution.
We draft your dissolution paperwork and take care of officially dissolving your USA company.
Irrespective of the reason why you are dissolving your company, it is very important to take the necessary steps to dissolve the company correctly, don’t just leave it and walk away.
As a Director you need to comply with regulations as well as protect yourself from potential risk and fines.
|USA Company Dissolution fees|
|USA Dissolution fee||£600|
|Due Diligence – per Director and Shareholder||£80|
|State filing fee – Business Entity Tax for current year (variable)||$300|
|Business Entity Tax for the previous year (variable)||£360|
|Expedited Certificate of Dissolution – filed in 5 days.||$450|
Our Dissolution Service fee includes
- Check the current status of the company with the State
- Draft your dissolution documents and State forms
- Preparing the Articles of Dissolution or Articles of Cancellation
- Advising you on the State agency fees final taxes owed
- Providing you with the completed dissolution documents
New York Company Dissolution
In the State of New York to dissolve your LLC or corporation, we must file Articles of Dissolution with the Division of State.
New York’s Business Corporation Act provides for voluntary dissolution through three different methods:
- a shareholder vote
- written consent of shareholders
- Standard New York Dissolution – takes 120 days
- Expedited New York Dissolution – takes 3 weeks
It takes a week for the fling at the Division of State, then the documents coming back depends on the service selected and filing fee paid.
Consent of the New York City Commissioner of Finance
- Consent of the New York City Commissioner of Finance must be attached to the Certificate of Dissolution if the corporation has done business in and incurred tax liability to the City of New York.
- To obtain consent, contact:
- New York City Department of Finance, Collections Division, Vendor/ Tax Clearance Unit, 59 Maiden Lane, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10038.
Dissolution process in the USA
Once you have decided to dissolve your USA corporation, we can assist you with formally closing your company. The dissolution process is –
- Meeting of the Board of Directors who pass a resolution to dissolve the company
- Meeting of the shareholders who resolve to dissolve the company
- File final tax returns – State and Federal
- Liquidate your USA company’s assets
- Close your business bank accounts
- File a Certificate of Dissolution with the State Department
Dissolving a Corporation or LLC
A Corporation dissolution or an LLC cancellation is the formal closure of your company.
Dissolutions requires Director or Shareholder approval prior to filing and the company must be up to date with all taxes and all annual reports filings with the state.
Without a formal dissolution, your company remains active in the state, even if you are no longer doing business and therefore subject to all annual reporting fees and corporate tax payments.
To start the process and to enable us to give a precise quote we require copies of the company documents, please upload: Company Documents
We will then inspect the company file at the Division of Corporations.