Jersey Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Jersey Registrar of Companies which is part of the Financial Services Commission means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Jersey company searches.
Jersey Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £112
- Certificate of Good Standing – electronic £158
The search report will be ordered from Companies Registry and is delivered by email in 2 – 4 business days.
Jersey Company Search
The Jersey Company Search is a summary of the latest information filed at Financial Services Commission, confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details disclosed by the company.
We can conduct searches at the Jersey registry on any Jersey registered company under the Companies Act 1991.
The contents of a Jersey company search report include:
- Company Name
- Previous Company Names – where available, including date to and from
- Company Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Date Registered
- Company Type – Registered Private Company
- Business Code – RC
- Company Status – Live
- Registered Office Address
- Share status
- List of Documents filed including – document name, document code and date filed
- Shareholders – In Jersey it is mandatory to submit details of company shareholders to the Financial Services Commission – the details in the search include the name, address, number of shares held by shareholders at date of last return, class of share and any addition remarks
- Directors – Although details of the directors are submitted to the Financial Services Commission this information is kept confidential. As a result the information a company search can provide on company directors is limited
- Classes of Share issued – £1 Class A shares, £1 Class B shares and £1 Ordinary Shares
- Number of Shares issued in total as of last annual return.
- Copy of the most recent Annual Return included within the search report – where filed
Jersey Certificate of Good Standing – example
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Registrar of Companies, confirms the company has a status of Good Standing with the registry and is up to date with the statutory filing requirements. If the Jersey company is in Good Standing with the registry, we can provide an electronic certificate of Good Standing by email.
On the certificate the Registrar of Companies certifies that the private company was incorporated in Jersey under the Companies (Jersey) Law 1991.The certificate includes the company name, registration date, registration number and the registered office of the private company. The certificate of good standing contains a authentication ID which can be validated at the registry.
The Certificate of Good Standing is provided electronically by the Jersey registry, as an additional service we can provide it Notarised and Apostilled at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Certain company information, such as financial statements, meeting minutes and company registers, must be submitted to the Jersey Companies Registry. However, this information is kept confidential at the Registry and is not available for public inspection.
Companies are obliged to keep shareholder and director registers, which must also be filed with the Companies Registry. These documents are not available for public inspection.
The Jersey Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Financial Services Commission and we can provide a registry copy of the company incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number, date of incorporation and states that a company is incorporated under the relevant companies acts.
Memorandum of Association
We can provide copies of the Memorandum of Association which includes, the company name, registered office, registered agent, business activities, share capital the company is authorised to issue, objects and powers of the Jersey company.
Jersey Company Type
There are a few different types of company available in Jersey;
- Private Limited Companies
- Public Limited Companies
- Cell Companies
- Guarantee Companies
The name of Private Limited Company in Jersey must end with Limited, Ltd, SARL or avec Responsabilité Limité
The most common form of company formation is through a Private Limited Company, which offers limited liability to its founders, is simple to incorporate and places no restriction upon activities.
Share Capital & Financial Statements
There is no minimum share capital requirements for a company incorporation in Jersey and share capital may be expressed in any currency.
Accounts of private companies do not have to be filed with the Jersey Financial Services Commission. There are no requirements to have company accounts audited.
Company Directors & Shareholders
Companies in Jersey require only one director, with no restrictions placed on nationality or residency. Detailed information on the directors must be submitted to the Financial Services Department and is kept confidential.
A company in Jersey is required to have a minimum of two shareholders, with no restrictions placed upon nationality or residency. The maximum number of shareholders is 30, unless the Jersey Financial Services Commission allows otherwise in certain circumstances.