Japan Company Documents
The most common form of incorporation in Japan is a Kabushiki Kaisha company (KK) which is a limited liability company.
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Japan Companies Registry means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Japan company searches.
We are able to supply company documents from the Companies Registry in Japan, the documents we can probably provide include:
Japan Company Search Report – Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the Companies Registry and is delivered by email in 5 – 7 days. Express Service is available for an additional charge.
- Corporate Certificate/ Certificate of Incorporation – In Japanese
- Memorandum & Articles of Association – In Japanese
Japan Company Search Report
The contents of a company search report on a Japanese company will include:
- Company Name
- English company name
- Company Registration Number
- Date Founded
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration date
- Company Type
- Company Code
- Company Activity – description of activity
- Details of any branch offices – where available
- Key suppliers and Customers of the company – where available
- TIC & TDB Company Code
- Registered Office Address
- Company contact details – telephone, fax, website – where available
- Additional details including notes on the General situation of the business
- Renewal date of the Japanese company
Company Share Capital:
- Share Capital – yen
- Number of Shares Issued
- Paid-up Capital – Number of shares
- Shares with restriction on transfer
Details on each Director/the Management including:
- Full Name
- Position held – President, Senior Managing Director, Managing Director, Director, Auditor
- Additional details included on Senior Management – where available
Shareholder Details including:
- Number of Shareholders
- Principal Shareholders names
- Respective shareholdings for each Shareholder – number of shares and percentage
- Notes filed at the registry on the shareholders – where available
- Details if restrictions on the transfer of shares
Additional details including:
- Licenses held – where available
- History on the company – including changes to company name
- Parent Company, Affiliated company
- Number of Employees
Company Accounts where available including:
- Analysis of the Financial Statements
- Condensed Balance Sheet
- Condensed Income Statement
- Condensed Statement of changes in Net Worth
Documents are filed at the registry in Japanese, the company search report is provided in English which some Japanese names.
Director’s Report & Accounts
We can provide latest Director’s Report & Accounts for Japan Registered Companies. Company accounts filed at the Japan companies registry, they vary according to the classification of the company.
Japan Company Credit Reports
With a Japan Company Credit Report we conduct an investigation on the target company, include the latest information on the company held by the Companies Registry and credit recommendations are included, where financial data has been analysed. A credit rating is included based on different credit factors including history, net worth, business scale, profitability, financial condition, management and business vitality. The company credit report is provided in Japanese with an English translation.
Corporate Certificate – Certificate of Incorporation
We can supply a Corporate Certificate for a registered Japanese company, which is in Japanese. The corporate certificate comes from the local government office, so it is an official document.
As an additional service we can supply this Notarised, Apostilled and with an English translation.
The Corporate Certificate includes the Company /Corporate Name, Head Office address, public notice details, Date of Establishment/Company Registration, Activities/purpose of the company, total number of shares authorised to be issued, number and type of shares, total share capital, any restrictions on share transfers, directors name and details.
For larger Japanese companies there can be additional clauses and changes to items on the Corporate Certificate which, can lead to lengthier document. Once you have ordered the Japanese Corporate Certificate we, can if required advise translation costs into English.
Japan Certificate of Good Standing
There is no such document in Japan as the Certificate of Good Standing, we are instead able to provide a company search report which confirms the current status of the company or the corporate company certificate. If the company is reported to the government as dissolved then, it would state this on the corporate certificate.
Japanese Company Directors
Only one director is required for your Kabushiki Kaisha (KK) company. A Japanese Resident is mandatory for your Japanese company. The representative director of the Japanese company needs to possess residence status and be a Japanese national, with a working visa and permanent residence in Japan.
The names of directors are filed at the companies registry.