Georgia Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of Existence
The Georgia Certificate of Good Standing / Certificate of Existence is an official document issued by the Secretary of State that certifies that the company is registered with the Georgia Secretary of State, and confirms the Georgia company is in compliance with the applicable filing and annual registration provisions of Title 14 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated and has not filed articles of dissolution, certificate of cancellation or any other similar document with the office of the Secretary of State.
The Georgia Secretary of State provides Certificates of Good Standing for Corporations and Limited Liability Companies.
Georgia Secretary of State
214 State Capitol
|Georgia Certificate of Good Standing|
|Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified||US$170 – £140||3-4 days|
|Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled||US$300 – £250||5-10 days|
|Company Search||US$90 – £75||3-4 days|
|Expedite fee||US$65 – £55|
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Business Type – LLC or Corporation
- Company Registration Number/ Control Number
- State Seal of Georgia
- A statement stating that the company is authorised to transact business in Georgia
- That the company is in compliance with the filings and annual registration provisions of the official company code
- The company has not filed articles of dissolution, certificate of cancellation or similar documents
- That the Certificate is issued pursuant to Title 14 of the Official Code of Georgia and is prima-facie evidence that said company is in existence or is authorised to transact business in the State of Georgia
- The Georgia Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Existence is electronically signed, stamped and dated by the Georgia Secretary of State under seal
Georgia Good Standing Certificate example
Georgia Company Search
We can also provide a Company Search including all the company’s information recorded with the Secretary of State showing:
Company Details including:
- Business Name
- Name Change – If since incorporation the company name has changed these details are included
- Control Number – Also know as the registration number
- Business Type: LLC or Corp or NonProfit
- Business Status: Active / Compliance, Dissolved,
- NAICS Code – Company classification within the American Industry Classification System
- NAICS Sub Code – When incorporated the company selects the sub-code of their primary business activity
- Principal Office Address – This address is where the company is based and can be an international address or a P.O. Box address
- Date of Formation / Registration Date
- State of Formation
- Last Annual Registration Year
Registered Agent Details including:
- Registered Agent Name – The state of Georgia requires LLC’s and corporations to have a Registered Agent
- Physical Address – Georgia Registered Agent address on public record to accept legal documents and notifications from the Georgia Secretary of State’s office on behalf of the company
Filing History including:
- Documents filed
- Filing Number
- Filing Date
- Filing Type
- If the company has filed optional provisions which are available, these additional details are included in the search report
Scanned Company Documents including:
- Scanned copy of Company Formation documents
- Scanned copy of latest Annual Registration filing – The annual registration includes changes to the officers, registered agent and address
Company Not in Good Standing
If the Georgia company is not in Good Standing, a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued, instead we will provide a Company Search. A Georgia company must file an Annual Registration every year to remain compliant and in Good Standing, failing to submit it will be subject to Administrative Dissolution by the State. The Annual Registration contains the company name, control number, company type, filing date, registered office address and principal office address. To remain in Good Standing Georgia company’s must also continuously maintain a Registered Agent and Registered Office in Georgia.
Georgia Company Restoration – Company Reinstatement
We can assist with restoring your Georgia company back into Good Standing if it has been dissolved. A Georgia corporation or that is administratively dissolved may apply for reinstatement within 5 years of the date of the administrative dissolution by completing an application for reinstatement. Only domestic corporations can be reinstated, we file the reinstatement application to the Georgia Secretary of State with the reinstatement application fee.
A foreign entity whose authority has been revoked must re‐qualify to do business in Georgia by submitting a new application for a certificate of authority.
Restoration / Reinstatement Timescale
- The Standard reinstatement timescale in the state of Georgia is approximately 14 days.
- Expedited process for reinstating an administratively dissolved entity can take 2 days.
Restoration / Reinstatement fee
- Reinstatement fee for an administratively dissolved Corporation or LLC – US$250
- Expedite Secretary of State reinstatement fee – US$250
Ordering a Georgia Certificate of Good Standing
When ordering ordering a Certificate of Good Standing from the Georgia Secretary of State, we only require the company name.
As soon as the certificate is issued for the Georgia company by the Secretary of State a scanned copy of the Certificate will be emailed to you and the original couriered.