Florida LLC Company Formation
Florida Fees to Incorporate
- Company Formation – £580
- Provision of Registered Office – £360
- Government Filing & State Licence Fee – US$310
- EIN Application Assistance if required – £240
- Directors Register Maintenance – £175
Florida LLC Company Formation
Our incorporation package includes:
- Reserving your Company Name
- Structuring the company as per your requirements
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Drafting the Articles of Association / Statutes
- File the documents with the Florida Division of Corporations
- Appoint the Directors
- State Registration
- Initial Government licence fee payable on incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Issue of shares and production of Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
Our Corporate Administrative service includes:
- Provision of the Registered Office and Registered Agent in Florida – Includes Registered Office for 18 months
- Compliance with local domicile requirement
We can check your proposed company name online in a few minutes.
Company names must end with ‘Limited Liability Company’, ‘Limited Company’ or the appropriate abbreviation such as ‘LLC’ or ‘LC’. Certain words such as ‘Bank’ require approval from the relevant authority to use, using the word ‘Bank’ must be approved by the Department of Financial Regulation.
Florida Registered Agent
It is a requirement to have a Registered Agent – A Registered Agent for the Corporation is someone with a physical address in Florida who will be responsible for receiving documentation or notice for the Corporation. We can appoint a Registered Agent for you if required.
Articles of Incorporation
The Articles of Incorporation is a document filed with the Secretary of State to form the corporation. The documents specifies information such as the company name, address, registered agent and office, number of authorised shares and Directors details.
There are no restrictions on the ownership of C corporations but with S Corporations the shareholders must be US citizens/residents.
Sole Shareholder, Director and Officer
The Officers of the Corporation are the President or CEO, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Officers are appointed by the Directors, in Florida one person can hold all positions.
Annual Government Fee
All companies registered in the State of Florida are required to pay an annual corporate fee to the Department of State. This fee should be paid at the same time the company annual report is filed on May 1.
Accounting and Financial Statements
There is no requirement to file financial statements with the registry in Florida.
There are no mandatory auditing requirements for companies incorporated in the State of Florida.
An annual return in Florida is known as the Annual Report, which must be filed with the Department of State by May 1 each year and will cost US$140 (€100) for a limited liability company.
The annual report does not contain any company financial information but includes general information such as registered office address and principle business activities.
Federal Tax Identification Number – EIN
An Employer Identification Number, also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is used to identify a US Corporation.
The EIN is a nine digit number assigned to Corporations for tax filing and reporting purposes.
An EIN will be required for a business to open a bank account.
All employers must have an EIN
To obtain an EIN company must provide a statement to the IRS that contains:
The location of the company’s US operations
The name(s) and address(es) of the company’s US representatives.
The IRS states, the purpose of any company in obtaining an EIN is that the company plans to or is conducting business in the US and will be filing a US tax return.