Delaware Company Documents
As company incorporation agents, our experience with the Division of Corporations means, we can obtain copies of company documents held on companies registered in the State of Delaware, this includes copies of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of Status – Certificate of Good Standing
Delaware Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £128
- Express Search – an additional £75
The company search report will be ordered from the Division of Corporations and delivered by email in 3 – 5 days.
The standard document service is 10 days to prepare copies at the Delaware registry, alternatively we can provide an expedited service.
Delaware Companies Registry – Delaware Division of Corporations
John G. Townsend Bldg
401 Federal Street
The Division of Corporations provides corporate services including paying your annual taxes, filing corporate annual reports, file company documents online and viewing the Delaware General Corporate Law.
The Division of Corporations of the Delaware Secretary of State’s Office handles all company filings required by law and maintains the official records of all Delaware Corporations.
Delaware Company Search
We can provide a Delaware Company Search report from the Division of Corporations which includes details of the company, confirms its existence and lists company information.
Documents containing shareholder information and director information are internal documents and are not filed with the Delaware Division of Corporations.
A Delaware company search report includes:
- Company Name and Name Change if applicable
- Company Registration/ File Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type: Limited Liability Company (llc), closed corporation
- Residency – Domestic, Foreign
- Current Legal Status: Good Standing, cancelled, dissolved, Void (void status for a Delaware company means the company is no longer a legal entity in Delaware)
- Filing history with the Division of Corporations – list of recent filings including description, document code, filing date and date effective from
- Date Status is from
- Date last annual report filed – only if corporation
- Last annual tax assessment paid – amount in US$
- Annual tax due – where available
- Authorised Shares total – if available
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Registered Office Address contact details – if available
Once an LLC files the formation documents they are only required to pay a tax each year only, an annual report is not required each year. No other filings are required unless they are making changes to the document already on file with our office or to cancel the entity.
Establishing the existence of a Delaware company and obtaining copies of official company documents held at the Division of Corporations may be required for:
- Due Diligence – confirmation of the company’s existence
- Legal requirements – certified company documents
The Delaware company search from the Division of Corporations, will not contain shareholder information or director information. This information is only contained in internal company records kept by the corporation, it is not required to file this information with the Division of Corporations.
Certificate of Good Standing / Existence
We can provide a Certificates of Status for Delaware companies, this includes the name of the entity and the status at the time the certificate is issued.
A Delaware Certificate of Good Standing / Existence states that a limited company is not in bankruptcy, in liquidation or involved in a merger. It also states that the company has a legal corporate existence and its records are up to date.
The certificate is provided from the Delaware Division of Corporations with an official seal and stamp, and with a Delaware Secretary of State administrator’s signature.
Delaware Certificate of Incorporation
We can provide a copy of a Delaware companies Certificate of Incorporation which, was filed in accordance with the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware.
Apostille copies of company documents can be provided from Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations. Apostilled copies are for use in countries covered by the Hague Convention.
A certificate of authentication can be attached instead to Delaware company documents intended for countries that are not party to the Hague Convention.