Canada Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Compliance is a form of validation for the credibility of the company and states that accounting and reporting requirements have been satisfied. If a company does not comply with the obligatory accounting and reporting requirements, not only will fines and penalties be incurred, and the Certificate of Compliance will not be issued.
A Certificate of Status more / Certificate of Good Standing confirms a Canadian company has a status of Good Standing with the Ministry of Government Services under the Canadian Business Corporation Act.
The certificate resembles a Certificate of Incorporation and is used to confirm the company’s continued legal existence. It also confirms that all administrative requirements pertaining to the company’s continued registration have been complied with.
The certificate is an official registry document, accepted by authorities and institutions as proof of continuing good standing of a Canadian company
The certificate certifies that:
- The company is on the Register of Companies
- There are no overdue annual or other fees due
- The company is up to date with its filing requirements
- The date the company was incorporated
- The company has not filed articles of merger or consolidation which are pending
- The company has not filed articles of arrangement that have not yet become effective
- The company is not in voluntary liquidation
- Proceedings have not been instituted to strike the name of the company off the Registrar
We can provide the certificate electronically from the Ministry of Government Services. The electronic version will bear the same security features as traditional hard copy certificate. Alternatively we can provide a traditional hard copy of the certificate delivered by courier.
Quebec Certificates of Attestation, Compliance and Authenticity
A Certificate of Attestation is a document issued by the Enterprise Registrar of Quebec respecting the legal publicity of sole proprietorships, partnerships and legal persons. It is a certified document that is dated and signed by the Enterprise Registrar and bears the official seal.
This document confirms that the company it refers to is:
- Registered in Quebec
- Is or is not in default of filing a Annual Declaration
- Is or is not in default from responding to a request under section 38 of the Act
- Is or is not in the process of being dissolved
It also provides the Quebec Business Number.
The document is an official confirmation that the company exists and of its status. When we order this document from the Registrar, we can also secure a specific date for its issue and obtain an English translation.
A Certificate of Compliance is issued by Industry Canada. It certifies that the corporation:
- Was formed under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Has not changed jurisdictions
- Has filed all required Annual Reports
- Has paid all required fees
- Has not been dissolved
This certificate of Compliance is signed by the Deputy Director of Industry of Canada.
If the Canada Company is not in Good Standing the registry will issue instead an extract confirming the current company status.