Barbados Company Documents
We are able to provide company searches and copies of company documents from the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office in Barbados.
Barbados Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £168
- Certificate of Good Standing – £280
- Express Documents – an additional £75 per search/ document
The search report will be ordered from the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office and is delivered by email in 4 – 7 days, an express service is available and is 2 – 4 days.
Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office
The Barbados Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office is a division of the Ministry of Industry, International Business, Commerce and Small Business Development. The function of the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office is to support the development of Barbados’ domestic and international trade and business. International Offshore entities are registered with a Registered Agent in Barbados under the International Business Companies Act, Chapter 77.
Barbados Company Search
We can conduct searches at the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office on any registered company in Barbados.
The contents of a Barbados company search report will include:
- Company Name
- Company Registration Number
- Company Type/ Legal Form – Local Company, Foreign Sales Corporations, International Business Company/ IBC – A Barbados IBC cannot trade in Barbados
- Date of Incorporation
- Date of Continuance – If transferred from another country – where applicable
- Details of Continuance – where applicable
- Company Status – Active and in Good Standing under the International Business Companies Act, Chapter 77
- Registered Agent/ Manager
- Registered Office Address
- Mailing Address
- Contact details of Registered Agent
- Registered agent – contact details
- Company Activities
- Mortgages and Charges filed with the registry – an International Business Company is therefore not obliged to file or publish Annual Audited Accounts at the Registrar of Companies, under the Barbados Law
- Parent/ Associated Subsidiaries – where available
- Company Directors details – including name, address and position held
- List of filed company documents
- Dates of changes at the registry – amendments to Memorandum and Articles
- Company Details – not from the registry – where available
With a Barbados IBC the name of the directors, shareholders and officers are not disclosed in any public register. An International Business Company and is therefore not obliged to file or publish Annual Audited Accounts at the Registrar of Companies, under the Barbados Law. With a Barbados Local company the Directors details are available.
Section 168 (1) of Companies Act, Cap 308 states that a company must at all times have a registered office in Barbados. The Companies Act also requires the following categories of records to be maintained at the registered office of the company:
- A register of shareholders showing the name and last known address of each shareholder, the shares held by each shareholder, and the date on which each person was entered on the register and the date on which each person ceased to be a shareholder
- Copies of all notices required to be filed effecting any changes in the directors of the company
- Register of Debentures
- All minutes of meetings and shareholders resolutions
Please note these details are confidential and would not be included in the company search.
Barbados Certificate of Good Standing
A company which is registered with the Barbados registry, is said to be in Good Standing if it has filed and continued to file all statutory filings and paid all annual fees which are due. The Registrar’s Certificate shows the company is –
- Validly existing on the Registrar of Companies
- Has paid all fees and penalties due under the Act
- Is not in the process of being wound-up or dissolved
- Has not had proceedings instituted to strike its name off the Registrar of Companies
The Certificate of Good Standing is drafted by the Registrar and is signed and has the seal of the Barbados Notary Public added.
We only supply a certificate of Good Standing if you have the IBC business licence number for the registry to provide official documents. Please note this is different to the company registration number and usually only held by the actual company or the Barbados registered agent.
For the Certificate to be issued the requirements for this are that the company licence fees to the Barbados registry are up to date and details can be requested from the registered agent. The Barbados registry will prepare the certified document and a scanned copy will be emailed through and original couriered through.
Barbados Company Formations
The Companies Act 1982 legislates companies in Barbados, based on the Canadian Business Corporation Act.
- Company Directors – Minimum one who can be of any residency or nationality
- Secretary – Local company secretary required which we can provide
- Shareholders – Minimum of one who can be of any residency or nationality
Barbados Company Documents
We can provide copies of official company documents and conduct searches for companies registered in Barbados. Please complete our enquiry form so we can assist with your company documents requirements: