Australia Company Documents
Australia Company Document examples
As incorporation agents our experience with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission means we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Australia company searches.
The most common type of company in Australia is the proprietary company (Pty). A Pty is a legal entity, shareholders liability is limited and is governed by the Corporations Act 2001,
Australia Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £128
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £200
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £350
- Expedite fee: £75
Australia Company Document Timescales
- Standard: 3 – 4 days
- Expedited: 1 – 2 days
- Apostilled: 8 – 14 days
Australia Company Search Report
We can provide an company search with the latest filed information from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission’s (ASIC) database under section 1274A of the Corporations Act 2001.
The contents of a Australian company search report include:
- Company Name
- Company Registration Number/ Australian Company Number (ACN) is a unique nine-digit number issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to every company registered under the Commonwealth Corporations Act 2001
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Australian Business Number (ABN) – this is a unique 11 digit number that identifies your business to the government and community
- Company Type: Australian Proprietary company – Limited By Shares
- Current Legal Status: registered, struck off, inactive
- Registered Office Address – date from
- Principal place of Business – date from
- Directors details – including name, date of birth, address and appointment date
- Company Secretary – including name, date of birth, address and appointment date
- Ultimate Holding Company – if applicable
- External Administrator including role, type, name, address, appointment date, court no: – if applicable
- Appointed Auditors – name, address, start date
- Share information/ Share structure – including share class, description, number issued, total amount paid and total amount unpaid
- Shareholders – for each class of shares issued by a proprietary company the ASIC records the details of the top twenty shareholders based on shareholdings
- Confirmation id registered for the Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Financial reporting dates – including financial report due date, AGM due date and date AGM held
- Annual Return – due date and last filed date
- List of recent filings at the Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- The latest filed Directors’ Report and Accounts – only where available as In Australia not all companies only have to lodge financial accounts with the registry
Australian Financial Accounts
Copies of Australian company accounts for proprietary companies are only available if they are required to lodge the documents with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. In Australia companies only have to lodge financial reports with the registry where there are substantial sums of money involved, the general public has invested funds with the company, or the company exists for charitable purposes only and is not intended to make a profit.
Australian Securities and Investment Commission’s
The Australian Securities and Investment Commission are an Independent Commonwealth Government body. They are set up under and administer the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001(ASIC Act), and carry out most of their work under the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act).
Australia Companies Registry
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
P O Box 4000
ASIC has offices in each state and territory and each office operates a service centre, which provides an over-the-counter service for company lodgements only.
Changes to the company must be notified to the Australian Securities and Investment Commission’s within 28 days of the annual review date including:
- Name change – within 14 days of the change
- Company details – within 28 days of the change
- Company constitution – within 28 days of the change
- Director details, including director address’ and personal details – within 28 days of the change
- Share structure or shareholders details, including shareholder personal details – within 28 days of the change
Australia Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of the Registration of a Company
We can provide a Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Registration for an Australian company issued under the Corporations Act 2001 Paragraph 1274(2)(b). The Electronic Australian Registration Certificate includes the target company name, company number, confirms the company is registered, the company type, name changes and registration date. The certificate is dated and signed electronically when ordered from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
Company Charges Extract
We can provide a historical company search extract which will contain details of any historical charges recorded on ASIC’s Register of Company Charges. It will State if the Australian company charges are fully satisfied and discharged in full or deleted charges.
Order Australia Company Documents
The Australia company search report will be ordered from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and is delivered by email. Australia Company documents are ordered from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and delivered by email and couriered where required.