New Zealand Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Companies Office in New Zealand means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive New Zealand company searches.
We can provide certified copies of New Zealand company documents held at the company register, an Apostille service can also be provided on certified copies of New Zealand company documents issued by the Companies Office in New Zealand.
New Zealand Companies Registry
Northern Business Centre
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
The New Zealand Companies Office administers the New Zealand Companies Act and is responsible for ensuring that companies doing business in New Zealand are registered and that the Register of Companies is properly maintained. New Zealand is ranked number one in the world for starting a business and number three in the world for ease of doing business in the World Bank survey.
New Zealand Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £112
- Expedite fee: £60
The search report will be ordered from the New Zealand Companies Office and delivered by email in 3-4 days.
New Zealand Company Search
The New Zealand Company Search is a summary of the latest information filed at Companies Office, confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details disclosed by the company.
The New Zealand company report includes:
- Company Name
- Trading name – where applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Company Status – registered, in liquidation, in receivership, struck off, name reserved/ approved
- Company Type/ Legal Entity
- Constitution filed
- Annual return filing month
- Registered office address
- Contact details – where available
Details on each Director including:
- Company directors – full legal name
- Company directors – residential address
- Company directors – date of appointment
- Company directors – copy of their consent form
- Company directors – indicates if they are also a shareholder.
Details on each Shareholder including:
- Company Shareholders – including shareholders name
- Company Shareholders – total number of shares held
- Company Shareholders – number of shares allocated
- Company Shareholders – indicates if they are also a director
Additional information including:
- Current and historical addresses for all addresses recorded for the company – registered office, service, records, and the share register.
- List of the documents filed with the Companies Office by the company – including document type and date filed
New Zealand Certificate of Incorporation
The New Zealand Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Companies Office and we can provide an electronic registry copy of a company’s certificate of incorporation.
Certificates of incorporation for New Zealand registered companies now contain a QR Code, the QR Code provides access to the publicly available company information at the Register.
The New Zealand Certificate of Incorporation includes the company name, company number, QR Code, date of incorporation and states that a company is incorporated under the relevant companies acts
New Zealand Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing issued by Companies Office, confirms the company has a status of Good Standing with the registry and is up to date with the statutory filing requirements.
With effect from 2010 the New Zealand Companies Office no longer provides Certificates of Good Standing, our company search report includes details of the current company status.
Memorandum of Association
We can provide copies of the Memorandum of Association which includes, the company name, registered office, registered agent, business activities, share capital the company is authorised to issue, objects and powers of the New Zealand company.
New Zealand companies are obliged to complete financial statements in accordance with the requirements of the Financial Reporting Act 1993 (FRA) and Financial Reporting Amendment Act 2006.
In New Zealand not all companies are required to file financial statements with the Registrar of Companies. For companies that are required to file financial statements with the Companies Office, their financial statements can be ordered..
All companies are required to file an annual return. This must be filed on in a month specified at the point of incorporation, and this filing month may be changed each year when filing the annual return. A New Zealand company is not required to file an annual return in the first year of incorporation.
Companies considered an exempt company qualifying for Differential Reporting exemptions in New Zealand. These exemptions alter the accounting and reporting process in regards to the financial statements, accounts and auditing requirements.
To qualify as an exempt a company must meet the following criteria:
- Company owners are shareholders of the governing body
- Company does not have public accountability
- Company is not listed and publicly traded
- Company is not considered a large company
Companies are considered large if they exceed any two of the following:
- Income of NZD 20,000,000
- Total assets of NZD 10,000,000
- 50 employees
There is no minimum capital requirements for a company in New Zealand.
Company Directors & Shareholders
Only one shareholder is required for a company in New Zealand, with a maximum of fifty and no restriction placed upon nationality or residency.
Only one director is required, who may be of any nationality and residency. Only individuals are allowed and not corporate bodies.