Liechtenstein Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Liechtenstein Handelsregister means we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Liechtenstein company searches.
In Liechtenstein the documents available from the Handelsregister vary depending on the legal form of the target company. When the legal form is a Aktiengesellschaft company (Ltd) we can provide a copy of the whole company file, certified copies can be provided at an additional cost.
If the legal form is an establishment only the extract is included in the company search. Statutes or other document for an establishment can only be provided by the Handelsregister if, you have a legitimate interest under Liechtenstein Law and the documents is in German.
Liechtenstein Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £128
- Expedite fee: £75
Timescale to obtain a Liechtenstein Company Search Report
- Standard: 4 – 5 days
- Expedited: 2 – 3 days
Liechtenstein Company Search Report
The contents of a Liechtenstein company search report will include:
- Company Name
- Previous registered business names
- Company Registration Number / Firmennummer
- Date of Incorporation / Eintragung
- Date Cancelled – if status in liquidation
- Company Type /Legal Status – Rechtsnatur – Anstalt
- Legal Seat / Sitz
- Current Status: i.e. active, in liquidation
- List of Filings & Attachments
- Share Capital: Authorised Capital or Number of Shares Issued
- Journal numbers filed and date filed at the Handelsregister
- Registered Office Address / Adresse der Firma
- Previous registered office addresses
- Additional details not from the registry – where available
The additional contents of the company search report depend on the legal form of the Liechtenstein company. The company extract is in German which, is the official language in Liechtenstein.
With a Liechtenstein Foundation – private non-registered foundation (Art:955a PGR), due to Liechtenstein laws information can only be obtained by a member of the foundation.
The company search at the registry with only confirm the entity is a private non-registered foundation. Inspection, extracts, transcripts or certificates of files and documents filed in accordance with Art. 990 as well as registrations and documents of foundations and trusteeships not registered in the commercial register or of foundations and changes not registered in the commercial register may, according to Art. Art. 955a PGR may be required only by the depositor and the person authorised to do so.
Liechtenstein Certificate of Incorporation
The Liechtenstein Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Liechtenstein companies registry when a Liechtenstein company is incorporated,
We can provide a registry copy of a Liechtenstein company incorporation certificate for a Aktiengesellschaft company (Ltd) which includes the company name, company number, date of incorporation and states that a company is registered.
Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing is not available from the Liechtenstein companies registry.
Liechtenstein Limited Company
- The Anstalt: an entity with no shareholders, which is like a foundation, and is often used to hold shares of companies outside Liechtenstein. The Anstalt can operate freely in Liechtenstein on an exemption basis as long as it does not carry on business activities in Liechtenstein.
- The limited liability company: called the Aktiengesellschaft (AG) or a special category of limited liability company called the Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung – GmbH.
The Anstalt, the AG and the GmbH have a number of characteristics:
- There must be written company statutes; these are deposited with the Registrar and are available for public viewing. including details of shares or capital, share structure of the entity and their registered office
- The names of the directors, officers and shareholders are kept at the registered office
Anstalt – Special Holding Company Structure
The Anstalt, is a holding company in Liechtenstein. There are no shareholders as such, simply beneficiaries, rather like a foundation or a trust and is used for holding patents or royalties or real estate.
The minimum capital is CHF 30,000 and only one director is required, which would normally be the person nominated to keep the company in good standing. This could be the Liechtenstein based agent of the company.
Aktiengesellschaft (AG)- Limited Liability Company
The standard Limited Liability Company (Aktiengesellschaft) is incorporated by two or more shareholders and has a minimum capital of CHF 50,000. The minimum amount which can be subscribed to by any one shareholder is CHF 50.
- Exempt from taxes in Liechtenstein – because their activity is outside, needs to have a local professional as an agent
- Audited annual accounts have to be lodged
Liechtenstein Company Registers
Details of beneficial owners, shareholders and directors are available to the authorities via mandatory registers that each company must prepare and file. This information is not available for public inspection.
Company Directors and Shareholders
- Directors and Shareholders may be of any nationality
- One director is required for a Aktiengesellschaft, GmbH and Anstalt. At least one director must be a resident of Liechtenstein.
- Under Article 180a of the Liechtenstein Act, one director must be the holder of a Liechtenstein Trustee licence.
Liechtenstein Company Document Order
We can supply a Liechtenstein company search report with the latest details from the Commercial Register Division of the Liechtenstein National Administration. To request Company Registry copies of Company Documents from us please, enter the Liechtenstein company name and select the documents required.