Jamaica Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Registrar of Companies in Jamaica who administer access to the Commercial Companies Register means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Jamaica company searches.
Jamaica Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £148
- Certificate of Good Standing – £180
- Certified Incorporation Certificate – £180
- Express Documents – an additional £75 per document
The search report will be ordered from the Companies Office of Jamaica and is delivered by email in 4 – 7 days.
Jamaica Registrar of Companies
The Companies Office of Jamaica is established as a separate Department under the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce with responsibility for the day to day administration of the Companies in Jamaica.
Jamaica Company Search
The Jamaica Company Search is a summary of the latest information filed at the Registrar of Companies in Jamaica, confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details disclosed by the company.
We can conduct searches at the Companies Office of Jamaica on any Jamaica registered company.
The contents of a Jamaica company search report will include:
- Company Name
- Company name if registered in additional language – where applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Company Type – Local company, Non Profit Company, Public Company
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Status – Renewed, Closed, Registered, Removed – Under section 337 of the Companies Act 2004, The Jamaica Registrar has authority to strike a company from the Register where the Registrar has reasonable cause to believe that the company is not in operation
- Company Activity
- Registered Office Address
- Company contact details
- Company Director/ Secretary/ Shareholders details – where available – The Jamaica Companies Act allows either individuals or companies to be appointed as company directors
- Summary of the Company Share Capital – Share Capital, Shares Issued, Share Price, date of last filed changes – where available as depends on the company type
- The company search has additional details if a Local Jamaican Company
Jamaica Certificate of Good Standing
A Letter of Good Standing is issued by the Jamaica Register of Companies, and certifies that a company is compliant with the Companies Act, having satisfied all the filling requirements and have all their annual returns filed and up-to-date. This document is provided from the Jamaican registry as a certified Certificate featuring a hologram.
All companies registered with the Register of Companies, in Jamaica are obliged to file annual returns. If the company does not file, a claim is brought against the company and its director in the Supreme Court of Jamaica, and a court issue is issued against the company to file its outstanding returns and to pay legal fees.
In Jamaica Annual Returns are filed with the Companies Office because the Annual returns are important in identifying changes in the ownership or management structure of a company during the period for which the return is made and returns are also important in identifying changes in the value of shares and share transactions during the period for which the return is made.
Jamaica Certificate of Incorporation
The Jamaica Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Register of Companies in Jamaica and we can provide a registry certified copy of the incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number and date of incorporation. Certified copies of documents are printed on this paper with validation hologram.
Articles of Incorporation
The Articles of Incorporation sets out among other things, the core business of the Jamaican company and the internal rules governing the company. We can provide Certified copies of the Articles of Incorporation for a Jamaican registered company.
Company Registration in Jamaica
To incorporate a Jamaica company the following is required for the Companies Office of Jamaica:
- Proposed Company Name
- Description of Company Activities
- Shareholders Details
- Company Directors Details
- Jamaica Registered Office Address
- Amount of Share Capital
- Document verifying the founders address – passport, driving license or utility bill
- Two passport-size photographs, signed by the Justice of the Peace
- Copy of the founders birth certificates
- Taxpayer Registration Number and the National Insurance Scheme reference number
- National Insurance Scheme reference number from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
Company Directors and Shareholders
Only one director is required for a private company in Jamaica. The Companies Act allows either individuals or companies to be appointed directors. The Registrar of Companies must be notified of any changes in the particulars of the company directors within fourteen days of the change. For private companies the minimum number of shareholders is two, with a maximum of 20 and no restrictions placed upon nationality or residency.
The minimum share capital for a Jamaican company is J$500,000 (€5000)
A company registered in Jamaica is obliged to hold an annual general meeting each year, with the first meeting being held within 18 months of incorporation and another not being required for the year of incorporation or the following year. Thereafter a meeting must be held each year, with no more than 15 months elapsing between meeting dates.