India Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Registrar of Companies means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive India company searches.
We can provide copies of India company documents held at the company register, an Apostille service can also be provided on certified copies of India company documents issued by the Registrar of Companies.
India Company Document fees
- Certificate of Incorporation Registry Certified: £320
- Certificate of Incorporation Apostilled: £600
- Company Search Report: £148
- Expedite fee: £60
India Company Document Timescales
- Standard: 7 – 10 days
- Expedited: 4 – 6 days
India Company Search Report
The India Company Search is a summary of the latest information filed at Registrar of Companies, confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details disclosed by the company. The contents of an India company search report include:
- Company Name
- Previous Names History – Previous names – if applicable
- Company Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Type of Incorporation – Re-registration, New incorporation
- Company Type: Private Limited, Limited Liability Partnership
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, Struck Off, in Penalty, Inactive
- Share Capital – Authorised and Paid Up Capital
- Company Activity – Industry
- SIC and NACE Codes
- Registered Office Address
- Company Contact Details
- Paid Up Share Capital – in INR
- Shareholder details including – Name or Company Name, Nationality/ Country of Origin, Registered Address
- Directors details including – Name, position held, date of birth, date of appointment and address and other directorships held – where available
- Company Secretary – where available
- The latest filed Directors’ Report and Accounts – where available
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs is primarily concerned with administration of the Companies Act 2013, the Companies Act 1956, and the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.
Registrar Of Companies Registrars of Companies (ROC) was appointed under Section 609 of the Companies Act covering the various States and Union Territories are vested with the primary duty of registering companies and LLP’s and ensuring that such companies and LLP’s comply with statutory requirements under the Act.
India Company Credit Reports
With an India Company Credit Report we conduct an investigation on the target company, include the latest information on the company held at the Official Registry Records and credit recommendations are included, where financial data has been filed.
A company credit report includes following information:
Registration details including:
- Full company name – English name
- Company Type – Legal Form
- Company Status – Active
- Company Registration Date
- Company Incorporation Number
- Business Activity & Industry
- SIC code
Shareholder’s Information and share details including:
- Authorised Capital
- Paid up Capital
- Major Shareholders names
- Number of Shares held by each shareholder
- Allotted shares
Management details including:
- Director/ Principals name
- Position – Director
- Date of appointment
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Identification Number – DIN
Credit Rating details including:
- Credit Rating – the company’s size, history and background, finance in comparison with the industrial averages, and operations, credit record are taken into consideration
- Credit recommendations – Base credit limit based on the overall operational & financial state of affairs
Additional details including:
- Details of Business Operations
- Stock Exchange Information – where listed
- Import/ Export details
- Payment terms and trade references – where available
- Number of Employees
- Bank name, address, details of any agreements – where available
- Industry Scenario – background on the industry
Latest Financial Accounts, where available including:
- Financial Summary
- Net worth, Operating Revenue, Profit before tax, profit after tax
- Balance Sheet- including total assets, total equity and liabilities, total profit, net profit – where available
- Long Term borrowings, short term borrowings and assets details
- Analysis of financial data – where available
- Auditor details including name & address – where available
India Certificate of Incorporation
An Indian Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Registrar of Companies and we can provide a registry copy of the company incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number, date of incorporation and states that a company is incorporated under the relevant companies acts.
Certificate of Good Standing
The Registrar does not provide Good Standing Certificates for companies registered in India. The company search report we can provide does include details on the current company status.
Memorandum of Association
We can provide copies of the Memorandum of Association which includes, the company name, registered office, registered agent, business activities, share capital the company is authorised to issue, objects and powers of the India company.
Companies have a legal obligation to maintain certain company registers, we can provide details of the registered company directors for India companies. These details are included in the credit report we can supply.
Directors of Indian companies are required to register as a director with the Ministry of Corporate Affair and to obtain a Directors Identification Number..
A shareholder register is kept at both the Registered Office and a publicly available copy is held at the Registrar of Companies, we can provide a copy of this shareholder register.
India has very stringent accounting and reporting requirements, with all companies also requiring an auditor. This offers high levels of transparency in India and the majority of company information is available for public inspection.
Account and Reporting
Annual accounts of newly incorporated companies should be drawn up from the date of incorporation up to the day before the AGM. Companies are required to file annual accounts and have these accounts audited annually to the standards laid down by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Companies with share capital between INR 1 million (€12,000) and INR 20 million (€240,000) must file an annual compliance certificate along with the annual report from a company secretary, within 30 days of the AGM.
Every company is required to file an annual return with the Registrar of Companies within 60 days of the annual general meeting date.
Indian Private Limited Company
The primary form of company incorporation in India is a Private Limited Company (PVT).
The minimum Share Capital for a Private Limited Company is INR100,000.