Cambodia Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Cambodia Business Registration Department means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Cambodia Company Searches and Credit Reports
Cambodia Document Fees
- Company Search Report – £158
- Company Search Express – £208
- Company Credit Report – £160
- Company Verification – £40
Company Search Report – Timescales
The Company Search Report will be ordered from the Cambodia Companies Registry and is delivered by email in 6 – 8 days, 2 days Express
The Company Credit Report will be prepared and delivered by email in 4 days
The Company Verification will be completed within 24 hrs
Cambodia Business Registration Department
The Business Registration Department is served under the General Department of Trade support service, of the Cambodia Ministry of Commerce.
Cambodia Company Search
We can conduct searches at the Cambodia Business Registration Department on any registered company.
The contents of a Cambodia company search report will include:
- Company Name – Name in Local Language – Khmer
- Company Name – in English
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Re-Registration Date – All active registered Cambodia companies and sole proprietorship registered before January 2016 were obligated to re-register with the Business Registration by the March 2016
- Original Entity Identifier
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) where available
- Tax Registration Date- where available
- Company Type – Private Limited Company, Partnership, Public Limited Company, Foreign Company. Representative office
- Business Objective
- Main Business Activities
- Company Status – Active, Registered
- Registered/ Head Office Address
- Business Objectives
- Registered Share Capital – in Riels currency
- Company Term:
- Registered Office Address
- Historic Addresses – where available
- Contact Details
- Registration Agent
Directors details including:
- Director Name
- Postal Registered Office Address
- Contact details – where available
- Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Company Chairman details including name, telephone, address,
- Company Details – not from the registry – if available
- Former directors details -where available
Share Capital details including:
- Authorised Share Capital
- Paid-up Share Capital
- Shareholders Name
- Shareholders Country
- Amount of Shares held and Percentage held
- Including Parent company, Affiliates
Each company is required to prepare and file annual financial statements, approved by at the annual general meeting.
Under the company laws of Cambodia, legal entities which are a Private Company with Limited Liability are not required to make public disclosure of their annual financials.
The annual financial statement must include a comparison with the previous years financial results and be audited by an independent auditor.
Company Verification – example details
Company Name (in Khmer) : រ៉ាយស៍ នែតជ្រល ឌីវេឡុបមិុន
Company Name (in English) : RICE NATURAL DEVELOPMENT PLC.
Original Entity Identifier : Co.1195KH/2010
Company Status : Registered
Incorporation Date : 15-Jun-2010
Re-Registration Date : 16-May-2016
Tax Identification Number (TIN) : K008-103006095
Tax Registration Date : 15-Mar-2017
Annual Return Last Filed : 21-May-2020
Cambodia Annual Declaration
A limited liability company is required to file an annual declaration with the Cambodia Business Registration office regardless of whether or not it is trading.
The Annual Declaration of Commercial Enterprise is filed with the MOC every year from the date of online re-registration for each year following re-registration. This process is now done online through the MOC website and is a confirmation of the company’s current directors, shareholders and capital.
Memorandum and Articles of Association
Article 93 of the Law on Commercial Enterprises states the required contents to be stated in the M&A:
(a) The name of the company;
(b) The company’s registered office in the Kingdom of Cambodia;
(c) The objectives of the company and any restrictions on the business that the company may carry on. Company objectives may include one or more types of businesses not contrary to any provision of law;
(d) The authorized capital to be stated in national currency (Khmer Riel);
(e) The classes and any maximum number of shares and the par value per shares that the company is authorized to issue.
(f) If the company is authorized to issue more than one class of shares, the articles of incorporation shall state the maximum number of shares and the par value per share and shall describe the rights, privileges, restrictions and conditions attached to each class.
(g) If a class of shares may be issued in series, the articles shall authorize the directors to fix the number of shares in each series, to determine the designation of each series, and to determine the rights, privileges, restrictions and conditions attached to each series.
(h) If the issue, transfer or ownership of shares of the company is to be restricted, a statement to that effect and a statement as to the nature of such restrictions.
(i) The name and complete address of each shareholder.
(j) The number of directors, or the maximum and minimum number of directors of the company.
The M&A shall be signed or initialled by all the shareholders (Article 95).
Al amendments must be filed with the Ministry of Commerce within 15 days after the meeting in which the amendments were approved.
Director and Shareholder registers must be prepared and maintained at the registered office, or other location chosen by the directors.
Registering a new limited company in Cambodia, requires proof that the required minimum capital US$1,000 has been deposited into a bank in the Kingdom of Cambodia. Therefore, a bank account must be established at a licensed bank in the Kingdom of Cambodia in order to complete company registration/incorporation.