Brunei Company Search Report
A Brunei company report includes details of the company, confirms its existence and lists company information. A report is a company extract with a summary of the registered details for a company at a given date.
The Registry of Companies and Business Names
Ministry of Finance Commonwealth Drive
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910
The Registry of Companies and Business Names (ROCBN) was established under the Attorney General’s Chamber Office, their role is to facilitate the registration of business and the incorporation of companies.
Brunei Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £148
The contents of a Brunei company search report include:
- Registered Company Name/ Entity Name
- Registration Date
- Business Activity
- Company Type – Private
- Company Status – The company status indicates whether a company is recorded as registered, struck off, or in liquidation
- Registered office address in Brunei Darussalam
- Incorporation Date
- Business Sector:
- AGM date
Details on each Director including:
- Director – Full name
- Director – Appointment date
- Director – Full residential address
- Director – nationality
Company Share Capital:
- Total Number of Authorised Shares
- Confirmation if extensive shareholding
Details on each Shareholder including:
- Company Shareholders – including shareholders name
- Company Shareholders – Nationality
- Company Shareholders – Residential or registered office address
- Company Shareholders – Appointment date
- For each shareholder – Number of Shares
Brunei Company Search Report – Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the Brunei Registrar of Companies and delivered by email in 2 – 3 days.
Memorandum and Articles of Association
We can provide a scanned copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association for a company incorporated in Brunei under the Companies Act, Cap 39.
Not all company documents and accounting documents are available for public inspection, offering extremely high levels of confidentiality for the company, its management and the owners.
Companies must prepare financial statements, which must be filed with the Registrar of Companies annually after being audited and approved by the shareholders at the annual general meeting.
Each year a company registered in Brunei must submit an annual return to the Registrar of Companies. Failure to file the company’s Annual Return will result in a penalty.
Brunei Company Formation
The Brunei Company Registry – Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam AMBD within the Ministry of Finance regulates and supervises the conduct of licensed institutions such as trust companies, investment advisers, fund managers and it also acts as the Registry for International Business Companies (IBCs) and Foreign International Companies.
- The Brunei IBC provides zero-tax regime.
- Brunei has a fixed annual fee for any authorised share capital of US$400
- Audited financial statements are not mandatory
- No information exchange treaties with other major countries
- Islamic banking services are available
- Confidentiality of shareholders and directors
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Only one director required
- The names of directors are not kept on public record
- Shareholders can be of any nationality
- Only one Shareholder is required
- Corporate Shareholders are permitted
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum share capital requirement
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency – US$ is preferred
- The Standard authorised capital is US$100,000
Financial Statements Requirements
Whilst there is no requirement to file audited accounts with the authorities, a company must maintain accounts and records to reflect the financial position of the company. The accounts of a company must be kept at the registered office in Brunei and are open to inspection by any director of the company.