Andorra Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Andorra Mercantile Registry means, we can conduct Andorra company searches.
Andorra Document Fees
- Company Search Report – by email £178
- Expedite fee: £60
Andorra Company Search
We contact the Registry and obtain the latest information on the target company which will show the companies current status.
Certain documents are available from the Mercantile Registry (Registre de Societats Mercantils), only if there is a legitimate need to have them by:
- A person or entity connected with the company whose information is needed
- A resident of Andorra which gives a good reason for requesting the information
for example: a shareholder, a director, a person with a power of attorney to represent the company, a professional practice that acts for the company.
Typically, the application is made in person by a representative or professional in Andorra and asks what information is required from the details below.
- The current status/ situació actual ie active, in process of liquidation, dissolved
- Current legal representatives such as directors or people with powers of attorney / representats legals
- Identity of the shareholders
- Powers of attorney to act for the company, to the extent that they are lodged (Poders Inscrits)
- Historical information- such as information about previous directors
A company only needs one director and they are classed as:
- Administrador Únic – if there is only one sole directors
- Administradors Conjunts – If they can only bind the company if they both approve and sign a contract
- Administradors Solidaris – If all directors can bind the company individually
Following the publication of the 2013 Company Law (Llei de societats (Llei 28/2013)), non-residents can be sole directors.
A company can have a single shareholder, or various. If there is a single shareholder, the company is designated a sole shareholder company – S.L.U., and must state this on all correspondence.
In most cases, non-residents can be sole owners of Andorran companies, following the publication of the Law of 2012 on foreign investment. (Llei 10/ 2012 d’Inversió Estrangera)
The accounts are confidential, and can be published by the company, but are not accessible by the public.
The minimum share capital for an Sociedad de Responsibilidad Limitada (SL) is €3,000 – All the shares have to be subscribed for an amount at least equal to their nominal value, and this has to be paid up in full.
Sociedad de Responsibilidad Limitada (SL)
In the Principality of Andorra there are two types of company, Sociedad Anonima (SA) or Sociedad Limitada (Srl) which are similar to British private limited companies (Ltd) – therefore, SL companies are a more common form of incorporation in Andorra.
The Andorran authorities does not maintain a shareholder register in official records, therefore the company’s beneficial owners are not disclosed. Annual Returns are not required to be submitted to the Andorran authorities.