Malaysia Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Suruhanjaya Syarikat in Malaysia means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive Malaysian company searches.
We can provide certified copies of Malaysian company documents held at the company registry. An apostille service can also be provided on certified copies of Malaysian company documents.
Malaysia Document Fees
- Company Search Report – £148
- Certificate of Incorporation – £120
- Expedite Documents – £70
Malaysia Company Search Report – Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the Malaysian registry and is delivered by email in 4 – 8 days.
Malaysia Company Search
We can provide a Malaysia Company Search report which is a summary of the latest information filed at the registry, this confirms the existence of the company and provides further company details.
The Malaysia company search report includes:
- Company Name
- Previous company names
- Date of any change of name
- Date of Registration/ Incorporation
- Company Incorporation Number/ Registration Number
- Company Type: Sdn Bhd/ private company limited by shares, Plc
- Current Legal Status – exists
- Registered Office address
- Business address
- Company contact details – where available
- Industry code
- Principal Company Activity
Share Capital details including:
- Authorised Share Capital (MYR)
- Total Issued Capital (MYR)
- Paid up Capital (MYR)
- Share Capital History – where available
Director details including:
- Full Name
- Passport/ ID number
- Position – director, secretary
- Date of Appointment
Shareholders details where available including:
- Full Name
- ID Number
- Percentage of shares held
- Shareholders interest in other companies and subsidiaries – where available
Company Secretary details including:
- Company Number/ ID Passport Number
- IC number
Charges details including:
- Charge Number
- Charge amount (RM)
- Name of charge
- Charge status – fully satisfied, unsatisfied
Additional details including:
- Auditor name – where available
- Auditor address – where available
- Banker name – where available
- Management and managers of the company – where available
- If the company is listed on the Bursa Malaysia – Malaysia Stock Exchange
Company Accounts including:
- The latest filed Directors’ Report and Accounts – if filed/ available
- The format of the accounts to be submitted depends on the size of the Malaysian company
Malaysia – Labuan Offshore Company
Labuan is an offshore, Malaysian island, which has the benefit of low tax regimes while still retaining the protection of Malaysia’s laws and regulations.
If the Malaysian company is registered as a Labuan Offshore company, the search report information is limited and will not include shareholder details, director details, share capital or financial information.
Accounting and Reporting
Accounting and reporting standards require that companies in Malaysia submit annual financial statements, annual returns, tax returns and other related official documents that show the companies financial position and explains their transactions. The latest filed Directors’ Report and Accounts are included where available in the search report.
Malaysia Certificate of Incorporation
The Malaysia Certificate of Incorporation is issued by the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia and we can provide a registry copy of the company incorporation certificate which includes the company name, company number and the date of incorporation.
Malaysia Certificate of Good Standing
The Registry of Malaysia does not provide Certificates of Good Standing. The company search we provide does confirm the company status at the Suruhanjaya Syarikat.
Company Credit Reports
With a Malaysian Company Credit Report we conduct an investigation on the target company, include the latest information on the company held by the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia and credit recommendations are included, where financial data has been filed.
All documents filled with the Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia are in English.
The minimum share capital for Sendirian Berhad is RM 500,000 (€100,000) for advisory, consultancy or other similar business activities. For business activities pertaining to imports, exports, restaurants and other similar forms of trading are required to have RM 1m and obtain a Wholesale and Retail Trade license from the Malaysian Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs.
Company Shareholders and Directors
A private limited company requires a minimum of one and a maximum of forty-nine shareholders. Malaysia Companies with foreign ownerships are required to apply for Foreign Investment Committee approval.
A minimum of two directors required for your Malaysian company, one director must be resident in Malaysia.
All limited companies must appoint a licensed company secretary, who is an officer of the company and must be a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants, a licenses secretary of Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia, a member of the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or a lawyer in Malaysia.