Texas Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of Fact
A Certificate of Good Standing / Certificate of Fact is an official document issued by the Secretary of State and confirms a Texas company’s existence, authority to transact business in Texas and that it has a Status of Good Standing with the Texas Division of Corporations.
The Certificate of Good Standing is an official registry document, accepted by authorities and institutions as proof of continuing registration of a Texas Corporation or LLC. Original certificates of Good Standing issued by the Texas Secretary of State are electronically generated.
Texas Secretary of State
Texas Certificate of Good Standing fees
- Certificate of Good Standing: US$120 – £90
- Company File: US$60 – £48
- Expedite fee: US$60 – £48
Timescale to obtain a TX Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard: 3 days
- Expedited: same day
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Business Type – LLC or Corporation
- Company File Number
- State Seal of Texas
- Certificate of Good Standing Authentication Code to validate
- That the Texas company has not filed articles of dissolution, certificate of cancellation or similar documents
- The Texas Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Fact is electronically signed, stamped and dated by the Secretary of State under seal
Validate Certificate of Good Standing
The online certificate verification process can be used to verify that a certificate of filing or a certificate of fact has, in fact, been issued by the Corporations Section of the Texas Secretary of State.
Texas Certificate of Good Standing example
Texas Company File
In addition to the Good Standing Certificate we can provide a search report which is a summary of the latest information on the company held by the Corporations Section at the Texas Secretary of State. The company search report is delivered by email and includes a copy of the complete company file with copies of all corporate documents issued by the Secretary of State, corporation registration information and copies of filings made by the company. This includes the latest Annual Registration filing with changes to the officers, registered agent and registered address.
Requirement to be in Good Standing in the State of Texas
- The company must be registered as a legal entity with the Secretary of State as a Corporation, LLC or LP
- The company cannot be in default or suspended as defined by the laws of the State of Texas
- The company must have filed all reports required by the Secretary of State
Company Not in Good Standing
If the Texas company is not in Good Standing and a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued by the Division of Corporations we will instead provide a Company Search showing the current company status.
Texas Company Restoration – Company Reinstatement
If your Texas company owes franchise taxes, they must be paid in full before we can obtain the Certificate of Good Standing. Texas companies that are not in Good Standing risk being dissolved or revoked by the state.
We can reinstate your Texas company back into to Good Standing with the Texas Secretary of State.
Restoration / Reinstatement fee
- Reinstatement fee for an administratively dissolved Texas Corporation or LLC – US$250
- Expedite Texas Secretary of State reinstatement fee – US$250
Restoration / Reinstatement Timescale
- The standard reinstatement timescale in the State of Texas is approximately 14 days
- Expedited process for reinstating an administratively dissolved entity can take 2 days
Order a Texas Certificate of Good Standing
When your order is placed for a Texas Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Fact, we check the status of the company with the Corporations Section at the Texas Secretary of State. Once the certificate has been prepared by the Secretary of State we get a scanned copy emailed through.