Illinois Certificate of Good Standing
A Certificate of Good Standing / Certificate of Existence is an official document issued by the Secretary of State and confirms an Illinois company has a Status of Good Standing with the Illinois Division of Corporations.
The Certificate of Good Standing is used to verify the existence of companies in the state to include registered partnerships, Corporations and Limited Liability Companies (LLC) in Illinois.
The Certificate of Good Standing is an official registry document, accepted by authorities and institutions as proof of continuing registration of an Illinois company.
Illinois Secretary of State’s Office
Department of Business Services
Timescale to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard Service: 3 days
- Expedite Service: same day
Illinois Certificate of Good Standing Fees
- Certificate of Good Standing – £180
- Expedite fee – an additional £80
- Courier original certificate – an additional £70
- Illinois Company Search Report – £148 – The search report is a summary of the latest information on the company held by the Illinois Division of Corporations
The Certificate includes the following:
- The Illinois Certificate of Existence is electronically signed, stamped and dated by the Secretary of State under seal
- Registered Company Name
- Company Registration Number
- Company Type – LLC or Corporation
- A statement: stating that the company has complied with the provisions of the Limited Liability Companies Act and is in Good Standing in the State of Illinois
- The Illinois Certificate of Good Standing features an Authentication code which is an additional security feature, this can be used online at the Secretary of State site to Authenticate the document
Issuing a Certificate of Good Standing
The Illinois Secretary of State will only issue a Good Standing certificate if the company’s annual report’s are filed and up to date.
Illinois Good Standing Certificate example
Company Not in Good Standing
If the Illinois company is not in Good Standing and a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued by the Division of Corporations we will instead provide a company search extract showing the current company status. This document will show if the Illinois company status is suspended, dissolved, or cancelled. We can assist with restoring your Illinois company back into Good Standing if it has been dissolved.
Order an Illinois Certificate of Good Standing
When your order is placed for a Certificate of Good Standing, we check the status of the company with the Illinois Division of Corporations. Once the document has been prepared by the Secretary of State we get a scanned copy emailed through and the original delivered by courier.