District of Columbia Certificate of Good Standing
We can provide a Good Standing Certificate for any registered District of Columbia Corporation or LLC. The Certificate of Good Standing verifies that an entity meets the regulatory requirements of the District of Columbia’s Corporations Division. The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Corporations Division serves as the Office of Corporate Registrar for the District of Columbia. The Corporations Division registers all entities, domestic or foreign companies that conduct business in the District of Columbia.
1100 4th Street, SW, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20024
District of Columbia Certificate of Good Standing fees
- Certificate of Good Standing: US$120 – £90
- Company File: US$60 – £48
- Expedite fee: US$40 – £25
Timescale to obtain a DC Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard: 2 days
- Expedited: same day
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Business Type – LLC or Corporation
- Company File Number
- State Seal of the District of Columbia
- All fees and penalties owed to the District for the entity filings have been collected
- The entity’s registration has not been terminated
- The company is in Good Standing with the District of Columbia’s Corporations Division
- Certifies that all applicable provisions of the District of Columbia Business Organisations Code have been complied with
- The certificate confirms that the entity exists and is in compliance with all DC state requirements
- The Certificate of Good Standing is signed, stamped and dated under seal by the Superintendent of the Corporations Division of the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
District of Columbia Certificate of Good Standing example
District of Columbia Company File
We can provide a copy of the District of Columbia Company File including copies of the company documents. This includes a Business Entity Summary and copies of the documents where filed with the Columbia State Department.
Company Not in Good Standing
If the Columbia company is not in Good Standing and a Good Standing Certificate cannot be issued by the District of Columbia, we will instead provide a copy of the Company File showing the current company status.
If the status of the company is revoked, it means that the entity has not maintained a registered agent and/or did not file the required biennial report with the District of Columbia Corporations Division. Entities in revoked status may not operate in the District of Columbia until they are reinstated.
Columbia Company Restoration – Company Reinstatement
We can file an application for reinstatement of a dissolved company registered in the District of Columbia. Once accepted by the Corporation’s Division the company’s status is reinstated. When reinstatement is approved, the company shall have such powers, rights, duties, and obligations as it had prior to the time of the issuance of the administrative dissolution.
Order District of Columbia Certificate of Good Standing
The District of Columbia Certificate of Good Standing will be ordered from the Corporations Division at the District of Columbia and is delivered by email, the original can be delivered by courier.