Malta Company Formations
Setting up a Malta Company, Malta is a very tax-efficient jurisdiction to set up a company.
A Malta Trading Company carries out trade and therefore an economic activity.
A Malta Holding Company hold assets and receives passive income like dividends and interest.
Once incorporated, the Registrar will issue a Certificate of Registration, proving that your company has been officially registered in Malta and is authorised to commence business.
Once the Maltese Registrar of Companies has all necessary documentation, the incorporation of a Maltese company usually takes 5 days.
|Malta Fees to Incorporate||Malta Annual Maintenance Fees||Other Fees|
|Company Formation – £2200||Provision of Registered Office & Resident Agent – £640||Appointment of Registered Tax Representative – £240|
|Government Company Registration fee – £180||Registry Renewal Filing fee – £220|
|Government Company Documentation fee – £280||Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance – £170|
|Provision of Registered Office & Resident Agent – £640|
|Company Secretary – £540|
Company Administration services we can provide for your company in Malta include:
- Provision of the Registered Office in Malta
- Maintaining statutory records
- Maintenance of Shareholder Register
- Maintenance of Director Register
- Ensuring that your company is kept in good standing through payment of the annual government fee and filing of annual documents
Malta Company Benefits
- No withholding taxes, stamp duties or exchange control restrictions apply on distribution of profits from the Maltese Company.
- Annual and General Meetings of the Maltese Company may be held outside Malta.
Malta Company Formation Package
Once we have received all your details, we can start the process of incorporating your company. Our Malta formation package includes:
- Company Name search and approval
- Liaise with the Maltese Registrar of Companies
- Structuring the company as per your requirements
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Drafting the Memorandum & Articles
- Presentation of registration documents with the Malta Financial Services Authority
- File the documents with the Registry of Companies
- Publication in the Official Journal
- Registration fee – paid to the Registry of Companies
- Stamp duty
- Appoint the Company Directors
- Initial Government licence fee payable on incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Registration with Tax Authorities
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
The minimum Share Capital is €1200.
Malta Company Directors & Shareholders
A Maltese company requires one director and it is not required for the director to be a resident of Malta.
Only one shareholder is required for your Maltese Private Limited Company.
Malta Company Secretary
A Maltese company must appoint a Company Secretary who is responsible for keeping the statutory books, we can provide this required service for your Maltese company.
Registered Office / Registered Agent
Every Maltese company must maintain a registered office in Malta, we can provide this service. Any changes made to the company’s registered office must be notified to the Registrar of Companies.
Bank Account Assistance
Opening a bank account with a Maltese bank is part of the company formation process. You are required to open a Maltese bank account in which to deposit the share capital.