Hong Kong Company Restoration Fees
Company Restoration Process
In order for a struck off company to be restored by the Hong Kong Registry the following fees must be paid:
- Pay all of the annual government fees it would have paid as if it had remained active
- Payment of all unpaid Registered Agent fees
- Restoration of the company to be charged by this HK Registry, is normally around - HKD 5000.
When all the fees and penalties are paid, the Registrar shall restore the name of the company to the register and upon the restoration the company shall be deemed never to have been struck off.
Indication of Filing Fees and Penalties
more than 3 months after the company’s return date - HKD1,740
more than 6 months after the company’s return date - HKD2,610
more than 9 months after the company’s return date - HKD3,480
Once the company has obtained a court order and provided that the documents delivered are in order, it will normally takes about 2 months to restore a dissolved company.
Legal Costs & Expenses on Company Restoration
Our fees for the following services:
- obtaining and perusing relevant filings and various related documents
- obtain a company search
- drafting and completing the documents necessary for the application
- drafting affirmation and the restoration order
- serving documents and communicating with on the Registrar of Companies
- filing the application with the Court if necessary
- attending court hearing
Disbursements or Expenses:
- outstanding filing fees on annual returns
- penalty for late filings and other penalties
- outstanding business registration fees (charged by the Inland Revenue Department)
- filing fees to Court
- filing fees to the Companies Registry on the restoration application
Company Directors and Shareholders
When a Hong Kong company is restored, the previous Directors, Company Secretary, Shareholders and Registered Office are automatically assumed to have continued.
Transferring Registered Agent
An HK company can only be restored by the registered agent on record or the agent can be transferred, which we can organise.
Company Restoration Form