Saint Kitts and Nevis Company Formations
We provide you with full expert assistance throughout every step of the Saint Kitts and Nevis company formation process.
To start the incorporation of your Saint Kitts and Nevis company we initially only require, the proposed company name, details of the company directors, shareholders and the proposed activities.
Registration Information Required
To incorporate a Saint Kitts and Nevis company the following is required for the company registrar:
- Proposed Company Name
- Brief Description of Company Activities
- Shareholders Details
- Company Directors Details
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Registered Office Address
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association - which we draft for you
- The name of your Saint Kitts and Nevis company must end with the word Limited, or the abbreviation Ltd, Corporation, or the abbreviation Corp, Incorporated or the abbreviation Inc.
- Your company can use any name provided that the name chosen is not considered misleading or otherwise undesirable by the Registrar of Companies.
- We check that your Saint Kitts and Nevis company name is acceptable and is not already incorporated with the Saint Kitts and Nevis Companies Registry. Certain words are prohibited, such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country.
Company Incorporation Procedure
The Articles of Incorporation must include the following:
- Name of the corporation
- A statement that the Corporation is incorporated under the Nevis Business Corporation Ordinance (NBCO)
- The purpose or purposes for which the Corporation is incorporated
- The succession of the corporation if other than perpetual
- The address of the corporation in Nevis which shall be the address of its Registered Agent
- The aggregate number of shares which the Corporation shall have authority to issue
- If the initial directors are to be named in the articles of incorporation, the names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as directors.
- The articles must be signed by the incorporation and this signature must be notarised
- The registered agent files the Articles of Incorporation with the Registrar of Companies and Trusts.
Company Incorporation Documents
Once incorporated we provide a set of corporate documents for your Saint Kitts and Nevis company which, includes the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association the Articles of Association, first minutes and share certificates. Copies of the company incorporation documents are sent via email and the originals from the companies registry are sent to you in a corporate folder.
Registered Office - Registered Agent
Your Saint Kitts and Nevis company must have a registered office, which must be a physical address in Saint Kitts and Nevis. It must also have a registered Agent in Saint Kitts and Nevis. We can provide you with a registered office and registered agent in Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum share capital
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency
- Your IBC may issue as few or as many shares as it deems desirable
- The standard share capital is US $50,000
- Although the share capital for a Saint Kitts and Nevis IBC is US$50,000 only a single share needs to be issued, and may be in any currency.
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- A Saint Kitts and Nevis only requires 1 director
- The names of directors do not appear in public records
- A corporate body may not be a director
- There is no requirement to appoint a local director
- Shareholders may be of any nationality
- A minimum of one shareholder is required.
- A corporate body may not be a shareholder
- The names of shareholders do not appear in public record
- There is no requirement to appoint a Saint Kitts and Nevis resident shareholder
- The shareholders of the Saint Kitts and Nevis company can be either corporations or individuals
Taxation of International Business Companies
Your International Business Company is exempt from Saint Kitts and Nevis income tax, capital gains tax, withholding tax and all stamp duty. Your company will be exempt from all estate, inheritance or succession tax.
Register of Shareholders
The Register of Shareholders must be kept, inspection of the register by persons who are not members or officers of the company.