Brunei Company Formation
Public announcement by Brunei AMBD, the Brunei IBC formation services has been suspended since 23 May 2016 according to the Official Notice RIBC/N-1/2016/(1) - Suspension of Services issued by Brunei AMBD.
- The Brunei IBC provides zero-tax regime.
- Brunei has a fixed annual fee for any authorised share capital of US$400
- Audited financial statements are not mandatory
- Brunei has a stable economy and currency
- Sophisticated financial infrastructure
- No information exchange treaties with other major countries
- Islamic banking services are available
- No extra annual fees for issuing high authorised share capital (ideal for fund raising activities)
- Confidentiality of shareholders and directors
After checking that your company is available, we proceed reserving the Company Name. Whether you incorporating a private, public or branch of a foreign company, the name reservation process is the same.
- Your company name can be in any language
- We can reserve your company name
- One of the following suffixes must be used in your company name Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Société Anonyme, Sociedad Anónima, Berhad, Sendirian Berhad, Gesellschaft mit beschrankter Haftung or their relevant abbreviations
The name you choose should not be offensive or contain certain words that are restricted or protected.
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Only one director required
- Directors can be Corporations or individuals
- The names of directors are not kept on public record
- Shareholders can be of any nationality
- Only one Shareholder is required
- Corporate Shareholders are permitted
A resident company secretary is required, an officer of the registered agent can be appointed as the resident secretary.
Your company must have a registered office and registered agent in Brunei.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum share capital requirement
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency - US$ is preferred
- The Standard authorised capital is US$100,000
Financial Statements Requirements
Whilst there is no requirement to file audited accounts with the authorities, a company must maintain accounts and records to reflect the financial position of the company. The accounts of a company must be kept at the registered office in Brunei and are open to inspection by any director of the company.
Company Registration Renewal
The annual registration fee payable to the Brunei government is dependent upon the company's authorised capital. For example a company with authorised capital of BND 25,000 (€14,500) would incur filing and certification fees of around BND 800 (€450).
Private Company Advantages - Sendirian Berhad (Bhd)
- There is an extremely stable political, economic and trading environment
- Companies can register Chinese and English names
- No tax shall be declarable and payable
- Chinese and English names of company
- Copies of passports/ID cards of shareholders and directors
- Registered Address of company
- Registration of company
Brunei Company Incorporation
The Incorporation of a Brunei International Business Company (IBC) with standard authorised capital of US$100k includes:
- Our professional incorporation fee
- Reservation of name fee to the BIFC
- Initial authorised capital fee
- Other government’s fee of approximately US$400 payable to the BIFC
- Electronic Certificate of Incorporation will be emailed
- Post incorporation structuring, deed, certificates and registers
- Registered address for a year
- Company secretary for a year - A resident secretary is required
- Filling of the first annual return
- Company documents and common seal
- Couriers expenses and other disbursement
- Preparation of constitutional documents & application
- Government fee payable to Registrar of Supervisory Commission