Antigua and Barbuda Company Documents
As company incorporation agents our experience and relationship with the Registrar of Companies in Antigua and Barbuda means, we can obtain registry copies of company documents and conduct comprehensive company searches.
Antigua and Barbuda Intellectual Property and Companies Office
The Antigua and Barbuda Intellectual Property and Companies Office is under the Ministry of Legal Affairs which is responsible for the day to day administration of companies, Business Names and Trademarks in Antigua.
Antigua and Barbuda Company Search
We can conduct searches at the Registrar of Companies on any registered company.
The contents of an Antigua and Barbuda company search report on an IBC will include:
- Company Name
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type - Non-profit Companies, Private Limited Liability Companies,Public Limited Liability Company, External Company - Any company which is incorporated in another jurisdiction but intends to carry on business in Antigua must be registered as an external company (s. 338, The Companies Act 1995).
- Legal Status of Company/ date last annual return filed
- Company Status - Active, In Good Standing,
- Registered Office Address - Where available - Companies in Antigua and Barbuda are required are required to have an address within the jurisdiction of Antigua and Barbuda as per section 175 of the Companies Act 1995.
- Shares & Classification - Number of common shares
- Directors details - Including name, address and occupation - where available for a domestic company but, not an IBC
- Shareholder details - Including name, address and number of shares - where available for a domestic company but, not an IBC
- Copy of the registry extract included in the search report
- Company Details - not from the registry - if available
Antigua and Barbuda Company Search Report - Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the Financial Services Regulatory Commission and is delivered by email in 7 - 12 days
The constitutional documents of an Antigua company include the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Articles of Incorporation and Charter together with the Certificate of Incorporation.
A Notice of Change of Directors must be filed with the registry when there is a change in Directors, within fifteen days of the change in a company as per section 77 of the Companies Act 1995. These details are only available in the company search if it is a Domestic Antigua company.
Antigua and Barbuda Certificate of Good Standing
The Certificate of Good Standing is issued by the Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services Regulatory Commission certifying the company is in Good Standing pursuant to Section 332 of the International Business Corporation Act Cap 222.
The certificate certifies the following:
- The corporation was duly incorporated under the provision of the International Business Corporations Act
- The company is recorded in the register of International Business Corporations
- No proceedings have been instituted to strike the name of the corporation off the register
- The corporation has paid all fees and penalties due and payable under the provision of Section 283 of the International Business Corporation Act
- The corporation has not submitted any Articles of Amalgamation or Consolidation under the provision of Section 341 of the International Business Corporation Act
- As of date of issuance the corporation is in good legal standing
The certificate is provided from the Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services Regulatory Commission with an official stamp, seal and with the signature of an authorised officer.
The Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services will only issue the Certificate of Good Standing to the Registered Agent of the company.
Click on the image to see what a Certificate of Good Standing looks like and what it contains.
Antigua and Barbuda Company Formations
If you have a requirement for a Antigua and Barbuda company incorporation, please contact us.