BVI Company Search Report
We are able to conduct a search on any company registered in the BVI. We contact the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs and obtain the latest information on the target company which will show the companies current position and status.
The search provides information on the company held at the Registry but the amount of information available may be limited and is dependent on which documents the company has filed with the Registry.
BVI Company Search Sample
Contents of a BVI Company Search Report
- Company Name
- Previous Names History - Previous name, foreign character name, date from/ cease date of name - if applicable
- Company Registration Number
- Date of Incorporation/ Registration
- Type of Incorporation - Re-registration, New incorporation
- Company Type: private, plc, limited partnership, nfp, IBC - incorporation of companies limited by shares, are the most commonly formed type of company in the BVI
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, Struck Off for no payment of fees, In Penalty, Inactive,
- List of Filings and attachments
- Share Capital
- Bearer Shares - if the company has ability to issue Bearer Shares
- Authorised Share Capital
- Class of Shares
- Number of Shares Issued
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Last licence fee payment
- Register of Mortgages/ Charges filed at the BVI Registry (if filed at the BVI Registry)
- Register of Directors (if filed at the BVI Registry - no statutory requirement)
- Register of Shareholders (if filed at the BVI Registry - no statutory requirement)
- The date if struck off - Company Status (if applicable)
- Register of Charges, whilst no requirement to file in practice they may be available. The authorised registered agent in the BVI or a legal practitioner in the BVI is authorised to file registration of charges and once filed at the registry these will be included in a company search
- List of the company filings - including date, transaction number, description of filing, status, general filing
- Certificate History - including type of certificate, transaction number and date of filing
BVI Company Search Report - Timescale
The search report will be ordered from the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs and delivered by email in 2 - 4 days.
BVI Company Status
|The BVI company search report we provide from the registry confirms the current status of the company:
|| The company is in Good Standing with the BVI Registry Corporate Affairs
||A BVI company with an overdue licence fee is ‘Inactive’. This means that the company is not in good standing, but is not yet struck off. The company must pay its licence fee and appropriate penalty in order to restore the company’s Active status
||Licence fees are past due, Licence fee penalty fee is usually charged, once the fees are passed due.
||The company is dissolved - for Non Payment of fees to the registry. The Registrar may strike a BVI company off the Register of Companies on any one of a number of different grounds, including:
However, the Registrar would not usually strike a company off administratively if the Registry had reason to believe that a company is trading or has any property. In such circumstances the Registrar has the power to refer the company to the Financial Services Commission for further investigation.
- failure of the company to appoint a registered agent;
- failure of a company to file documents that it is required to file under the Act;
- failure of the company to pay its annual fee or a late payment penalty; or
- where the Registrar is satisfied that the company has ceased to carry on business
Registration of Shareholders and Directors
A BVI company may elect to file for registration with the BVI Registrar a copy of the following:
- Register of Shareholders
- Register of Directors
When filed with the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs the shareholders and directors details are included in the BVI company search report. This is not a statutory requirement so, very rarely filed with the Registry of Corporate Affairs. It is mandatory for the Register of Directors and Shareholders to be kept at the BVI registered office of the company, these are not available for public inspection.
Order a BVI Company Search Report
We can supply a Company Search Report on companies registered in the BVI.
The document once received from the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs is delivered by email as a PDF.