Belize Registered Agent
We can provide Licensed Registered Agent services in Belize for your IBC to ensure your company remains in Good Standing at the Companies Registry.
We draft the resolution of the directors to change the address of its Registered Office and Registered Agent in Belize.
Fee to transfer your Belize Company
Our fee is £860 plus the Annual Maintenance fee, includes:
- Retaining the company name in the register
- Preparation or change of the memorandum
- Preparation of transfer applications
- Submission of transfer applications to the registry
- Transfer out fee charged by your current Registered Agent
- Company Search to ascertain documents and standing – £60
- Annual Corporate Franchise Tax – US$150
- Notary fees – US$250
- Public Deed Registration fee – US$150
- incl. the 1st annual fee of the new Registered Agent – £420
- incl. the 1st annual fee for the new Registered Office
- Due-Diligence fee– £80 per officer
- Confirmation of Registered Office for documentation
- Extract from the Register of Directors
- Extract from the Shareholder Register
Belize Registered Agent – Chapter 270 Belize International Business Companies
A company incorporated under this Act shall at all times have a registered agent in Belize. (2) No person shall act or hold himself out as a registered agent for international business companies unless he has obtained a licence from the International Financial Services Commission established under the International Financial Services Commission Act, and every person who contravenes this provision commits an offence and shall be liable to the penalties prescribed under that Act.
A company incorporated under this Act may, by a resolution of directors, amend its Memorandum to change the place of its registered office or to change its registered agent. (2) A resolution made pursuant to subsection (1) above to change the registered agent shall become effective three days after notice of such change has been sent by registered mail properly addressed to the registered agent being so removed.
Belize Registered Agent Duties
The Registered Agent is legally responsible for safe custody and update of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Register of Shareholders, the Register of Directors, copies of all resolutions, notices and filings produced by the company.
Unless the directors of the company have resolved otherwise, the Registered Agent is also the custodian for all Minutes of the Meetings and Resolutions of Shareholders, and all Minutes of Meetings and Resolutions of Directors. It is the duty of the Registered Agent to keep these documents up-to-date and available for inspection by the directors and shareholders of the IBC.
Finally, the Registered Agent acts as the official intermediary between the offshore company and the Belize Government, in particular the payment of the Government renewal taxes.
Provision of the Registered Office in Belize
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
- Payment of Government Fees
- Maintaining Statutory Records
- Maintenance of Shareholder Register
- Maintenance of Director Register
- Statutory Due-Diligence
- Ensuring that your company is kept in good standing through payment of the annual government fee and filing of annual documents
Change your IBC Registered Agent
Written request is sent to the current Registered Agent, asking him to resign and pass the administration of your IBC company to our Licensed Registered Agent in Belize. The Belize Business Companies Act actually provides for a procedure whereby a transfer of a company to another Registered Agent can be completed without obtaining a formal release from the previous Agent.
Although the change of Registered Agent is fairly straightforward, clients acting in bad faith (for instance, trying to avoid the payment of past-due company agent fees) will encounter difficulties, they may find that no other Registered Agent is willing to accept the administration of their Belize company.
Transfer Belize Registered Agent
We send a request to your current Registered Agent, asking them to resign and pass the administration of your company to our Registered Agent.
The change of Registered Agent is straightforward although, clients trying to avoid the payment of the previous company renewal fees will encounter difficulties.
Transferring Registered Agent:
- Company Search to check company status and details
- Transfer-Out fee charged by your current Registered Agent
- Due Diligence on the Directors and Shareholders
- Registered Office/ Registered Agent 12 months fee
- Directors Register Maintenance fee
Please contact us with the name of your Belize company, we will initially undertake a Company Search to prepare the Director’s Resolution and contact the current Registered Agent.