Belize Company Formation
The most common form of incorporation in Belize is the International Business Company (IBC) which is similar to the Limited Liability Company in the UK.
An IBC may conduct business anywhere in the world outside of Belize. All IBCs incorporated under the Belize International Companies Act are exempt from taxation and high levels of confidentiality as the name and details of company directors and shareholders are not held on public record.
|Belize Fees to Incorporate||Belize Annual Maintenance Fees|
|Company Formation – £580||due by 01 January|
|Provision of Registered Office and Resident Agent – £420||Provision of Registered Office and Resident Agent – £420|
|Government Fee – US$150||Government Renewal Fee when IBC has capital up|
to US$50,000 – US$150
|Company Secretary recommended – £280||Company Secretary recommended – £280|
|Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance – £170|
Annual Renewal Service
Provision of the Registered Office in Belize
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
- Payment of Government Fees
- Maintaining Statutory Records
- Maintenance of Shareholder Register
- Maintenance of Director Register
- Statutory Due-Diligence
- Ensuring that your company is kept in good standing through payment of the annual government fee and filing of annual documents
- Your company is required to pay an annual government licence fee, every year to maintain your company’s good standing
Belize International Business Company (IBC) Registration
Once we have received all the necessary due diligence information we prepare the Memorandum and Articles of Association for your IBC. These documents along with the other incorporation documents are filed with the Belize International Business Companies Registry for approval along with all necessary fees. The Registrar will approve the documentation and issue a Certificate of Incorporation which certifies the IBC is fully registered and incorporated in Belize.
- Reserving your Company Name
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Standard Government Registration Duty
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Articles
- Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
- Provision of the Registered Office & Registered Agent in Belize
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
Features of a Belize IBC
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are the only documents to be held on the public record
- The Shareholders and Directors for are not a part of the public record
- Belize IBCs can open offshore bank accounts
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting to be held in Belize
- Exempt from the payment of local taxes
- Low cost incorporation
- A registered agent and a registered office are supplied
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
- No statutory accounting or audit records need be kept or filed in Belize
- Annual Government fee is only $150 when the authorised share capital is $50,000 or less
- an IBC is exemption from tax in Belize
- The Belize IBC cannot derive any income from activities in Belize
A Belize IBC is not subject to exchange control regulations, however, all profit earning activities must be conducted outside Belize.
- No minimum capital requirement
- No requirement for audited accounts
- No need for annual returns
- No requirements for a local director or secretary
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting
Incorporating a Belize IBC
After you have submitted the proposed company name to us we gain company name approval from the authorities in Belize within a few hours. We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a Certificate of Incorporation is then issued and your new company is incorporated.
Documents and Information
To start the incorporation of your offshore company in Belize we require the following:
- The proposed company name
- Name and address of the directors
- Name and address of the shareholders
- Proposed company activities
- Your company name may be in any language
- A company name check will be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered
- Having submitted the name of your IBC to us, we obtain approval from the Belize Company Registrar
The word Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Society Anonyme, Sociedad Anónima, Aktiengesellschaft or an abbreviation thereof, must be part of the Company name.
Belize Company Directors
Only one director is required for your Belize IBC. Directors may be of any nationality and the names of directors do not appear on public record.
Belize Company Shareholders
Only one shareholder is required, this can be the same person as the director, may be any nationality.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum Share Capital required
- Share Capital may be expressed in any currency
- Your IBC may issue as few or as many shares as it deems desirable
- The standard share capital is US $50,000
- Although the share capital for a Belize IBC is US$50,000 only one share needs to be issued, and may be in any currency.
Registered Office and Registered Agent
We provide a registered agent and registered office in Belize.
Tax Identification Number – TIN
All Belize companies must have a Belize Tax Identification Number or a TIN number for taxes paid in other countries by the Belize company.
Tax resident information is no longer confidential in Belize. It is now compulsory to divulge the country of tax residency.