Belize Company Dissolution – Closing a Belize Company
If you no longer require your company and wish to have it struck off the company register we can assist with the dissolution of your Belize company.
There are many reasons a company may need to file for dissolution beyond simply ceasing trading or maybe not even getting started.
Other reasons include a retirement, merging with another company or being acquired.
Irrespective of the reason it is very important to take the necessary steps to dissolve the company correctly, don’t just leave it and walk away, as a Director you need to comply with regulations as well as protecting yourself from potential risk and fines.
Belize Company Dissolution Fees
- Company Search – £148
- Our Service Fee – £200
- Belize Agent / Liquidator – £1,000
- Government Dissolution Fee – US$100
This fee does not include penalty fees payable to the Government of Belize to bring the company up to date.
Please note that your company has to be in Good Standing to be Dissolved.
If your company is Struck Off the Register when you wish to officially Dissolve it, it will first have to be Restored to the Register before it can be Dissolved. This will incur extra costs.
Having your Belize Company Dissolved
Having your Belize company voluntarily dissolved rather than struck off by the Belize International Business Companies Registry has many advantages:
- It maintains the company’s directors and shareholders reputation for future business ventures
- It is a straightforward process compared to company liquidation
- It avoids formal investigation into the conduct of the directors, as required in liquidation or receivership
- It avoids the costs of liquidation, fees and expenses
Documents needed to be prepared
- Notice of Resolution to Wind up
- Notice of Appointment of Liquidator
- Special Resolution of commencement of winding up
- Notice of Meeting of Creditors
- Notice of General/Final Meeting
- Return of Final Winding up Meeting
- To dissolve an IBC it is necessary to issue a Resolution of Dissolution signed by the director(s) of the company
- Notice of Resolution to wind up will be published in the Gazette
- The Dissolution of a company will commence upon submission of the Special Resolution to the Registry
- Within 7 days of the appointment, the liquidator will file a notice of meeting of creditors of the company, once on the Gazette and once in 2 local newspapers
- One month before the final meeting, the liquidator is to file notice of general/final meeting in the Gazette
- One week after the meeting, the liquidator will file a return of meeting with the Registry
- After the Registrar has been notified that the company has been dissolved the company will be struck off the Register and a Certificate of Dissolution will be distributed
Documents you will receive
- Certificate of Dissolution