UK Tax Agent
Using us as your UK Tax Agent, we will represent your UK company and deal with HM Revenue & Customs with regards your corporation taxation and VAT filings.
We will have continuous internet access to all details about your account with the tax authorities for all the taxes you pay, and we will deal with your company tax correspondence with the H M Revenue & Customs.
- The HMRC will then correspond with us regarding all of the taxation affairs of your company
- Deal with all initial forms received from H M Revenue & Customs upon incorporation
- We will then be able to register you for any taxes you need to pay
As your Tax Agent this allows us to
- Speak to the tax authorities on your behalf
- File tax returns on your behalf
- Get a tax residency certificate for any international or customs business
- Monitor the balance owing by or to you by HMRC at any time
Taxes for which a UK Tax Agent can assist
- Corporation Tax
- VAT and import and export of goods
- Taxes withheld for employees and directors - Social Security and Advanced Income Tax, PAYE
- Payments through the Constructor's Industry Scheme
- Income Tax- for directors of limited companies and for shareholders of LLP in all circumstances
Services you can use
The services which you require a UK Tax Agent for include:
- Corporation Tax for Agents
- VAT Mini One Stop Shop for Agents - Use this service to account for VAT due in other Member States on a single return on behalf of your EU and non EU business clients who provide telecommunications, broadcasting and e-services to EU customers.
- Employment Related Securities for Agents - For agents to view schemes and arrangements for their clients and notify and submit grants of options for Enterprise Management Incentives.
- PAYE for Agents - For companies with UK-based employees or UK resident directors
- Self Assessment for Agents - For individuals who are UK resident or a foreign resident with UK property
- VAT for Agents - For companies with a UK VAT account, who need to file VAT returns and returns such as an EC Sales List
- VAT EU Refunds for Agents - An overseas company can reclaim VAT spent on a visit to the UK. A claim can be made by an agent, as long as it is supported by a letter of authority to allow us to act
HMRC Corporation Tax Agent
As your tax tax agent we are formally authorised to deal with HMRC on behalf of your company.
The agent has access to online services on behalf of any client, so can see information about a client's tax liability, and what forms have been lodged on their behalf.
An agent is appointed for a particular tax- which for a company would be "Corporation Tax" and, possibly for VAT.
The Corporation Tax agent can:
- Talk to HMRC about the client and exchange information with them
- Send and receive letters, forms and returns about the client's tax affairs
- appeal against an assessment sent to you
- File corporation tax returns and lodge detailed accounts and tax computations on your behalf using specific software
- File corrected corporations tax returns, and ensure that these are logged, if there were mistakes in a previous period
- As your Corporation Tax agent, we receive a copy of all letters sent to you.
UK Company Corporation Tax Requirements
A UK company must file a notice of its existence to the H M Revenue & Customs within 3 months of incorporation, and must file with the HMRC a Corporation Tax Return no later than 12 months after its year end. Should either of these dates be missed then penalties and interest become payable.
- We will assist and submit your company annual Corporation Tax return
- Organise collection and payment of the corporation tax
- Obtain CTA09/ S18 exemption for the company – if some Corporation Tax is due in accordance with rules of other countries
UK Tax Agent and Registering for VAT
The VAT agent can:
- Talk to HMRC about the tax account and general details: places of business, bank account details for regular payments of refunds of VAT and details about places of business if applicable
- Submit VAT returns and change client's registration details
- Apply for and ensure that the client gets EU refunds
- Apply for a EORI number for import and export
There are several very common situations which we can assist with:
- Where a company needs to register and to collect VAT in the UK
- Where a company wants to register for VAT in the UK, because they have a UK company for European business
- Where a company spends money regularly in the UK, and need a VAT number to get VAT reimbursed
Where a Company needs to Register for VAT
All companies which are trading in the UK, and which do not have resident directors have to register for VAT in the UK.
Obtaining the EORI number for import and export from outside the European Union
Your company will need an EORI number to import and export goods from and to the European Union. The number is usually obtained in the UK when the company is incorporated there; even if the company has a connection with another European country.
Applying for Certificate of Tax Residency to avoid double tax
We can request a Certificate of Tax Residency. the content and form of this certificate depends on:
- Type of tax or withholding tax that can be reduced in the other country
- The wording of the Double Tax Treaty with that country
- The relationship that your country has with the UK: for example, resident directors, employees, where the customers and clients are.
HMRC Certificate of UK Residency
We can provide a certified and signed HMRC Certificate of UK Residency which is Apostilled at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. This Apostille certificate confirms the officer's signature on the certified HMRC certificate is genuine. The certificate contains your company unique taxpayer reference, company name and registered office address. This certifies to the best of the HM Revenue and Customs' knowledge, the above company was a resident of the United Kingdom from the period in accordance with Article 4 of the Convention in force.