Turkey Free Trade Zones
There are currently 21 free trade zones in Turkey offering an attractive business climate to investors through tax exemptions and various other incentives.
Advantages of Free Trade Zones
- Exceptional access and ability to sell to a large domestic Turkish market
- Low cost of labour and land in free trade zones
- Free international revenue and earnings transfers
- Low income or corporate tax
- No VAT or special consumption taxes
- Foreign trade free of legal restrictions
- Freedom to use any convertible foreign currency
- No customs duty requirement for imported goods
- Easy access to Turkish ports
- No bank transaction taxes
- No restrictions on the quality and price of products
- Unlimited foreign capital involvement in investment allowed
- Modern, attractive and spacious business premises with infrastructure
- Lockouts and strikes are forbidden
- No limitations on the amount of time a product can remain in the free trade zone
- All advantages available to all firms regardless of origin
Operating in a Free Trade Zone
Once we have incorporated your company, we can obtain an Operating Licence from Undersecretariat for Foreign Trade Directorate General on your behalf which stands for any period between 10 and 30 years.
All kinds of business activity can be carried out within free trade zones which offer office spaces and warehouses to rent with attractive terms, while investors also have the option to either lease a workplace or construct their own premises within the Free Trade Zone.
Application for an Operating License
We will supply you with a License Application Form for you to complete. We will then review this to ensure it is completed correctly.
You must deposit a $5,000 application fee into the Central Bank of The Republic of Turkey.
We will liaise with the General Directorate of Free Zones on your behalf. If you application in deemed favourable we will supply you with a Lease Agreement which must be signed and returned to the General Directorate within 30 days.
If your application is deemed unfavourable your application fee will be returned.
Adana-Yumurtalık Free Trade Zone
The Adana-Yumurtalık zone is , on the Iskenduner Bay coast.
Activities which can be carried out in the Adana-Yumurtalık Free Trade Zone include:
- Banking and Insurance
The Adana-Yumurtalık FTZ is established and operated by the private sector. The land is provided by the Turkish government.
- The Adana Yumurtalik Free Trade Zone is exempt from all taxes associated with business operations such as Corporate Tax as well as VAT
- Close proximity to international trade routes - the site is located close to three continents
- 100% foreign investment allowed
- Foreign trade regulation are not applicable between Adana-Yumurtalik and other countries or Free Trade Zones
- Low labour costs within the zone permitted due to exemption from income tax on salaries and wages
- Gateway for import and export activities